Best Tyres 2019 cvo streetglide?

Crumpy

Health & Safety Clerk:
What are you guys using ?

Do I stick with the original Dunlops or change ?

Not got an M8 but I've no complaints about Cobra chrome's. Wet and dry and riding with a bit of spirit they've done ok 👍

Cobra Chrome for improved handling, much improved wet and dry grip, and improved ride comfort. However, you’ll get through a back tyre in about 6,000 to 8,000 miles and if you do a lot of motorway or dual carriageway miles, the rear will square off quickly. Great tyres but they are on the expensive side to run, due to wear rate.

The superior Dunlop American Elites, far better than the bog-standard Dunlops, are lasting me around 22-24,000 miles a set on my 2019 Road Glide and deliver everything I want. Made in the USA and good in wet and dry. Not that I ride like I'm in the IOM TT, and most of my miles are freeway/motorway. But I'm sold. Not switching.

Depends on your riding style - if you like straight lines and only ride in the dry stick with the concrete Dunlop's that have long gevitity. However, if you ride and that includes in the wet (such as attending rallies / touring etc) and like leaning into the twisty bends with confidence and prefer a stable platform then go for the Cobra Chrome's or some other quality tyre - but ditch the standard crap.

19K out of my last set of Dunlops, ALL weathers... went with them again on my 2017 FLHXS
Rear D407 180/65/16
Front D408 130/60/19

However, a word of warning for 2018/2019 tourers running 180/55B18 M/C 80H rears
this is a failed 11K tyre!

Note the score marks on either side, where the double ply meets the single ...looks like knife marks ALL the way around!

....a well documented issue in the states, it turns out :rolleyes:
but this came off my mates 2019 FLHXS recently and another mate of ours has <3k on his street glide and had the exact same scoring!

PXL_20230609_123932645.jpg

Reactions: M&M
Back