bike dolly

thats mega john.
what is the model?
what is the maximum length you could get on?
i'll measure my bike's wheelbase and get back to you: 1.7m axle-to-axle, thats 5' 7" in old money.

from a cost/storage/convenience/compromise.
i was thinking of adapting one of these types of lift...
one pictured below is advertised as a 'quality' one for little over a hundred quid.
but i see chinky ones one ebay for very little money, that i read once fettled do the job alright?

t_Mini Lift.jpg

make a frame from sturdy angle on descent castors the lift can sit on/in.

or make two separate dollys with walls to clamp to the tyre to keep the bike upright?

oh, toolbox looks great too!

Last edited:
Jay. have a look at the Liftmaster 1100LB Motorbike Centre Scissor Lift. On Ebay for £60-00. Has very good reviews and has the advantage of a Safety Pin to stop Lift lowering.
Click HERE for info. This is also available on Amazon for slightly more. (y)

1704198892999.png

nice one, i've saved in my ebay summary.
i like the idea of these lifts, as if i'm not using it, it's easy to stow and useful when just needing a slight lift.
i have brackets that fit into the frame that keep the bike upright and safe when required, i.e primary work, wheel alignment etc.
but it's a pain in the tits when i want, say a wheel just off the deck; trolley-jack and blocks of wood comeout. not ideal?

johns style of dolly looks optimal for moving/stowing etc.
but in my workshop might get in the way?
though it doesn't really take any more room than the bike itself, which appeals to me.

i should get both really?

appear to be from numerous vendors on ebay? around 130 quid.
i take it you can adjust where the side-stand-platform bolts?
or 'force' adjustment with a drill/welder?
motorbike dolly2.jpg
motorbike dolly.jpg

hello J
the length of the dolly is 2mts
just make sure that its the heavy duty ,,,ie 1250bls
that one looks the same as mine other than mine is black
and yes you can adjust side stand

Last edited:
john, that 2mts, is that the length of teh dolly itself or the length of wheelbase that would fit on it?
those pictured above are all advertised at 560+kg, so the 1200+ lb jobbys.
is where the side-stand goes fixed or can you polace it where you want.

its the over all length the side stand can be moved its bolted ,,
i have a lighter version with i have the Pan on ,, i did alter that one by fitting bigger wheels
it works fine as the pan is lighter ,,, its made moving the bikes easy ..
i found the best way was to ride the bike onto it ,
another thing i did on the heavy one was to fit rubber to the feet on the front to stop it moving ,,

Hi John, all going well, still in recovery mode, physio has a good exercise program set for me & I am working through it everyday, mountain bike has been converted to an exercise bike-on rollers, and used everyday. the HD FXR is in the repair bay- on the dolly, need to get a new front end on it, frame is undamaged, tank will get dents pulled out etc. hope you are well.

Back