Bike Fell Over

MarcXGA

Club Member
Well bit of bad luck this morning. Pushed my bike out of the garage. Went back into the house to get my gear on and my work stuff. Walked out the door 5 minutes later and my bike was on its side!

Not a very nice thing to see at 6 in the morning! Had to wake the missus up as I was not really upto wrestling the bike back on its wheels by myself!!

I am now shopping for a left side mirror and clutch lever. The rest of the bike looks ok .... phew!

Can't find any parts on flea bay so gonna call the dealer a few minutes. All I can see ????'s flying by my eyes!

Re: Bike Fell Over

I am now shopping for a left side mirror and clutch lever

I'm not familiar with the 750's but if they're anything like all of the other models, the fittings will be universal. Buy aftermarket and save yourself some money - no need to buy genuine HD ...

I had a look around this morning. Contacted the dealer and they quoted ?124 for everything so not to bad really. At least I will have matching mirrors again. On another note, I have found out through the FB group owners of the XG750A others have had this happen when their bikes were parked on an incline. My drive has a very slight incline! I have noticed that the side stand does feel a bit wobbly for lack of better word. I am picking my parts up next week so going to mention this and see what they come back with. I am keeping totals of how many people this has happened to so if anyone has had a similar experience let me know :)

Thankyou

Had a look damn wished I had seen this earlier would have saved me 20 odd pounds. I have booked marked the site for future reference :)

Been there done that!

My drive also slopes down.

I left my SG ticking over and went to close the garage door, it vibrates that much it rattled downhill and because of the LH lock gets to the point of no return and falls over.

Done it 3 times now .... fortunately it just rests on the engine bars.

IMG_0185-1.jpg

Been there done that!

My drive also slopes down.

I left my SG ticking over and went to close the garage door, it vibrates that much it rattled downhill and because of the LH lock gets to the point of no return and falls over.

Done it 3 times now .... fortunately it just rests on the engine bars.

View attachment 33622

Yes it has been mentioned perhaps I should invest in some engine guards. But damn makes the bike look horrible in my opinion

Back