Burning budgie rally 2021

Lee W

Club Member
Burning-Budgie-Rally.jpeg

Thinking of going along to this as its just up the road from me if anyone else is interested.

Hi Lee
Most years I attend the BBudge, but the last few years have only managed to do the Friday night or Saturday night. This year it should have clashed with the Club Run to Freewheelin Kempen in Belgium, which I would have attended, but now a non-starter. Therefore, I'm up for both nights.

Hi Lee
I'm definitely interested.
I only joined HDRCGB late last year - just in time for Lock Down II (The sequels are never as good as the originals eh?), so haven't been on many social events.
Looking forward to it

Well, we may have lost the Triple, but by the skin of its teeth, the BBudge would appear to be still on.
So unless there is a further review delaying 're-opening', it's where I'll be heading at the end of July.
Open to say meeting up at Beaconsfield services sometime on the Friday.

As long as there are no further delays to the re-opening I'll be at the BB.
May need to find an extended route though, as it's only 18 miles away :hopelessness:

I live less than 5 miles from the site, will you all be camping? i know there is a cheap hotel located at beaconsfield service station which is just across the road if not.

I plan to camp, but just checked and I note that a Fri & Sat night room can be booked at the Ibis hotel at Beaconsfield services (which is a short walk from the rally) for £79.
I did a Friday night there some years ago, when I had to attend a 'do' back in London on the Saturday. And couldn't be arsed to camp for one night, as that year I did nearly 40 nights in a tent.
At that advance price, tempting to book. But in the current climate, if there is a need for a cancellation at short notice, maybe too much hassle; not being prepared to wade through their T&C's to find out about cancellation charges.

Distance no object Lee, I regularly used to attend a non Harley event 6 miles from my home. Took longer to pack the bike, than the ride there. And at a Kent do once, a guy camped up next to me had travelled less than 3 miles! I did suggest that a walk home to a comfortable bed, after a beery night, would be my option!

Morning walk to the W'spoon is a regular on Sat, as breakfast at the rally is a very basic (free, well incl. in the ticket price) 'continental', unless you use the burgervan.

Hopefully see some of you at the London meet tomorrow evening.

So the Budgie Rally what's it like, I have attended hundreds of rallies but I ain't been to the Budgie. Is it well attended, what's the site like and where is it near plus owt else I have missed

Army.
Nice friendly rally. Reasonable facilities. Camping area shaded by trees. Last time I went, they did had a ride out through Henley on Thames.
Also, Wetherspoon's just across the main road in a motorway services.
I hope to go this year.

Quote - 'Whats it like'?
How long is a piece of string.
I think the Capt. has summed it up.
I'd add:-
Very friendly Club members. They do allow cars on the camping field, but it ain't swamped with them. Approx 250 in attendance. Often some year specific goodies for sale - maybe not this year. Reasonably sized FC club bar, good selection with at least one real ale. Usually bands on both nights. Raffle. Tattooist - if you need that sort of thing. Plenty of covered seating. Burgervan. Usually WLHR members tat for sale - some previous good bargains. Couple of other stalls. Ride in bike show - loose gravel in places, take care - all welcome. Various show awards, given out about 5pm. Like all European rallies, continental breakfast included (somewhat basic).
Fifteen minute walk, down the access road, over the footbridge that crosses the M40, will bring you to Old Beaconsfield (you'll pass an amazing looking gatehouse), a coaching stop on the old London-Oxford road - and a few pubs are located there.
For newbies (and some seasoned rallyists) - the disclaimer! Not that we (the UK) have imported the theft problem that have blighted some European rallies, but sensibly keep your valuables with you.

It's a motorcycle rally, what more can I say! If you've done a fair few - you'll know.
The WLHR have put the basic rally structure in place. And the rest, as they say, is down to you

Back