Calling Time on the Eastern Meet

Dave SRod

Club Member
It is with some sadness that, in Agreement with Mike, your Rep, we have decided to 'call it a day' on the 1st Wednesday meet at the Cricketers pub meet in Woodford Green.

After a small initial interest at the first meet there this year, interest has waned and of late I have been the only person in attendance.
We thought it a perfect venue for the area, as it ticked all the boxes for parking, food, beer, ambience etc.
But it would appear that those members located in NW, NE, and E of London, have no wish to engage with each other. And that's fine by me.
Use it, or lose it!

Dave Burke. Asst. Rep and Treasurer - Region 20

I would like to thank Dave for giving up his time to give this extra meeting a go , it has been suggested in the past that it would be a good idea to have another meeting place for those that could not make it to the Rose in Petersham { London being such an awkward place to travel through } he scouted the area for a suitable venue and attended every first Wednesday for six straight months to no avail, frequently being Billy no mates ,
We have decided that enough is enough and as said above the meeting is now closed with us reverting back to the one meeting on the 3rd Thursday of the month at the Rose of york pub Petersham road, Petersham 7.30 pm onward.

Mike R20 rep

Last edited:
Good that you tried and persevered for a while. Maybe in future a keen new member over that way could try again as an assistant rep. (many moons ago we had serviceable numbers at The Pied Bull in Farningham)

Back