Camera Drivers

Realbark

I have been given a Samsung ES25 digital camera and lead for my laptop. I need to download the drivers for it but am unsure of a safe site - there are lots offering free downloads but i dont want any problems with viruses etc ( i do have anti-virus but still not too confident) - anyone assist? Thanks.

Re: Camera Drivers

I have been given a Samsung ES25 digital camera and lead for my laptop. I need to download the drivers for it but am unsure of a safe site - there are lots offering free downloads but i dont want any problems with viruses etc ( i do have anti-virus but still not too confident) - anyone assist? Thanks.

Hi Tony

Just checking. When you say 'drivers' do you mean the firmware (program) for your camera or the drivers for your laptop.

If you mean the firmware then that will be a process carried out through the camera when it's connected. If you mean the drivers for your laptop that is an update function of the operating system. So if you are running Windows then the drivers will be through Microsoft (their system update) service. That begs the next question - what operating system are you running?
If running windows 10 that has an automatic update operation where it checks periodically or you can do it manually though your Control Panel. Have a look here to check on line. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4027667/windows-10-update Plug the camera in and switch on first.
If any other non windows operating systems then you will have to go to them.

Also, if you just want to download the images from it then you can just plug it in and it will look like you are dealing with an external drive - so you can open the files (usually DCIM file for images) and copy them to your pc. Start pc, when up and running plug camera into USB, switch on. You may get a message on the camera screen saying something like - connect to pc? You should also get a message saying 'device (name) set up' or something in your notification area.

HTH a bit. Ask again if you need more (PM me)

Tom

Last edited:
Back