Carrying odds & sods on a RK

Mr B

I'm about to fit a nice chrome dash with 3 guages to my RKC. This means I'll have to do away with my windshield bag. What do you Road King owners use to carry small stuff around in. I don't want to put things like my phone etc. in the saddle bags, 'cause it isn't easy to get at quickly.
I've seen lots in the P&A book, but I don't know which ones are good or bad.
Thanks for any replies...a pic would be helpful as well.

Brian.

Re: Carrying odds & sods on a RK

My riders backrest has a pocket in the rear of it, loads of room for a phone and an ounce or three. :p

I put stuff in the lower pods:rolleyes:

BaZa ? said:
You can see the leather bag/roll above the number plate on the rear fender is a handy bag.

View attachment 550

Baz having seen that tool bag in action Im thinking to myself what a really good idea:) :) :) :D

I've always wondered if it's spring loaded, and has it got an 'auto return' to rolled up position function, on-off switch on the bars would be nice.
A cottage industry if some bright spark could come up with the mechanism hehehe.

S.T.Chapman said:
Baz having seen that tool bag in action Im thinking to myself what a really good idea:) :) :) :D

harleyhog said:
I've always wondered if it's spring loaded, and has it got an 'auto return' to rolled up position function, on-off switch on the bars would be nice.
A cottage industry if some bright spark could come up with the mechanism hehehe.

One has to be VERY careful that it does NOT open whilst riding..The consequences would be an obscured number plate. :eek:

However the good thing it is easily reached while riding to ENSURE it is always closed on the quick release Velcro strip. :rolleyes:

Back