Changing bars.

Martz

Club Member
Hi guys. I've just bought a 2010 Fat Bob to keep the XR1200 company and to give my knees a break. The bars currently fitted are I think 14" high bars on 2" risers. I've located a set of standard drag bars and risers complete with clutch and throttle cables but still need to obtain a front brake hose from the master cyl to the splitter under the bottom yoke. Does anyone know where I can find the part number? TIA. 1 (23).jpg

Jersey H-D is the easiest site for finding part numbers.

Looks like it's only available as the whole thing from master cylinder to calipers.

BRAKE LINE, dual disc
Part no. 42163-08A
£161.22

£ 203.14 including VAT on the mainland.

3 line kit from Goodridge is £140. HEL and Venhill may also sell kits.

Or you could create a two line "race" system direct from m/cyl to calipers using Venhill Powerhose Plus or Goodridge Buildaline or custom lines from HEL/Venhill/Goodridge/whoever.

I assume that there are also (US) aftermarket options.

Last edited:
Jersey H-D is the easiest site for finding part numbers.

Looks like it's only available as the whole thing from master cylinder to calipers.

BRAKE LINE, dual disc
Part no. 42163-08A
£161.22

£ 203.14 including VAT on the mainland.

3 line kit from Goodridge is £140. HEL and Venhill may also sell kits.

Or you could create a two line "race" system direct from m/cyl to calipers using Venhill Powerhose Plus or Goodridge Buildaline or custom lines from HEL/Venhill/Goodridge/whoever.

I assume that there are also (US) aftermarket options.

Thanks for that Gareth. That's a bit ouch.:oops: Looking at this image, it appears that it's a conventional splitter under the yoke. Venhill made up some lines for my old GSX a few years ago. Decent quality and a good price. The only other issue is Harleys passion for mixing thread sizes. Could be either a 10 or 12mm. I was trying to be organised and get everything ready for when the dealer delivers it, hopefully this weekend. I'll just have to be patient. Not my best virtue. :ROFLMAO:

1 (20).jpg

Good news, then. You can just replace the top line. Any local shops that can make one up? Last time I needed a brake line I found a guy about a mile from my house who supplied a couple of banjos and a length of hose from the screw-together Goodridge Buildaline series. That was for a Triumph, though, so no different sizes or metric/unified issues.

Back