changing rear brake light bulb

S

skinny latte

can someone please help me and tell me how the hell you change a brake light bulb on a v rod is there a secret way

Re: changing rear brake light bulb

There is a hole beneath the rear light if i remember correctly you push a scerwdriver in to release a catch, then the light comes off, its a bit awkard the first time.

Thanks Dave for that I tryed but I thought I was going to break the light so I went to the stealers and they did it only charged me ?4.50 including the bulb so all is well accept I got caught in the rain today and now my bike needs a bloody good clean

My rear bulb went a fortnight ago. I'd spotted the screwdriver hole but couldn't get a screw driver to turn anything. At the local indie they couldn't get it to budge either so they dismantled the back end, removing the pillion seat and rack and undoing a handful of bolts to separate the aluminium from the steel underneath - was easy enough to change the bulb once inside, but we still couldn't see how to unclip anything using a screwdriver. Cost for half an hour's messing around to sort it by the good lads at Eastern Cruisers in Southend - 'Just give us a couple of quid' they said. Where there's a will ...

RB

Back