Cheap Tool Kit.

softail898

I posted this in Tools section but thought it might get better coverage here.

I just saw this from Halfords. A 150 piece Tool Kit and Tool Chest. Might not be the best quality but for the price the Spanners and Sockets are worth a punt. They have Metric and A/F too.
Click HERE to see.
(y)

Reactions: Fuz
I realise you didn't mean Halfords but they should not be overlooked. I was given a set by my old man 12 years ago and apart from one allen socket that broke, all is well.

I thought you meant this one...

Halfords

Their 'Professional' range was very good quality, I believe it has now changed to being called 'Advanced' still seems good.

I thought you meant this one...

Halfords

Their 'Professional' range was very good quality, I believe it has now changed to being called 'Advanced' still seems good.
Looks good but over double the price of the ECP one. I have some Halfords Tools and they are well made with a quality feel.

For those of us that spanner regularly these tools will not last, quality in all things comes at a premium price. Buy cheap pay twice is my mantra.

For those of us that spanner regularly these tools will not last, quality in all things comes at a premium price. Buy cheap pay twice is my mantra.
yes, I would have to look and feel them before I buy. Of all the Tools I have, Snap On are by far the best but Bloody Expensive. As you say Rick, quality comes at a price. (y)

Looks good but over double the price of the ECP one. I have some Halfords Tools and they are well made with a quality feel.
I've had the Halford 'Professional' range for Circa 17 years or longer and they are still good today. Only the small ratchet is showing signs of wear, but still usable.

Whilst they were more expensive than the standard range, they did come with a Lifetime Guarantee, as do the current 'Advanced' range, so something not to overlook when juggling the cost.

Snap-On also offer a lifetime Guarantee.........but at an eye watering price. I only have a few select Snap-On tools but I guess some cost goes into the fact they have franchises of vans delivering tools to all the industrial estates/airports etc....

Back