Clark CML5 strong arm is it just mine ?

Invasion1973

Does anyone have this lift. Is this just mine or does it lower a bit to rapidly.
Foot pedal seems like you can breathe on it and it will lower. Result is end up being far too heavy footed and bike drops too quickly. Even if you use hand it is way to quick to actuate.

I don't think it is just the Clarke lift that drops fast. My B2 does as well. I saw a Video a long time ago on how to modify a lift so that it drops slowly but I can't remember where. If I find info. on this I will post on here.

I don't think it is just the Clarke lift that drops fast. My B2 does as well. I saw a Video a long time ago on how to modify a lift so that it drops slowly but I can't remember where. If I find info. on this I will post on here.
thank you appreciate your help. I Was surprised. How quickly itcame down to be honest. My bike is lower than stock so need to prop up side stand to get lifting arms to go under frame. I was thinking lower it down the position but of wood to prop it up….bloody thing more or less went straight down and I thought it was going over 😳

In either part, the peddle or the cross member install a long bolt with lock nuts and adjust so you can adjust how far the peddle can be pressed.

All these lifts are the same pretty much.

In either part, the peddle or the cross member install a long bolt with lock nuts and adjust so you can adjust how far the peddle can be pressed.

All these lifts are the same pretty much.
Thank you mate.
Going to mod it tomorrow. Blows my mind they sell
This with such a bad design. It really isn’t fit for purpose and if it hasn’t already, will cause a
Nasty accident. If I hadn’t dragged the wife out to help just incase Bike would have gone over!!

Scroll down "general tech" thread to garage bike movers, there you'll find a reply by panhead boris about a mod to control the speed of descent.
That's where I must have read it. Couldn't for the life of me remember.
Thanks Orbs. (y)

Your welcome. Got one meself but haven't got round to fitting the bolt yet. Got used to making sure the side stand is down then gently tapping the peddle while holding onto the right grip to steady it on the way down.

Just did mod, but in non destructive way.figured if it is still ridiculously quick can send it back as haven’t drilled the pedal. IMG_7882.jpegSo far seems to have slowed it down a bit. Will see how much improvement when I get weight of bike
On it again.

Back