Club Rallies and Rideouts 2022.

FXSTC Dave

Club Member Clubs Rally Coordinator
Club Rallies and Rideouts 2022.
-----------------------------------

Hi Everybody.

Here is my ongoing yearly thread, (now in it's 18th year) to try and see if we can get a few
of the club and forum members together during the year for either rides to a club rally or
to meet for a ride out(s).

I know many of the clubs members who like to go to a rally every weekend.
But unfortunately I have to book my time off a year in advance, so I have plan accordingly.

The North West region has around 50 or so members who have joined the club/forum, how many will
read this thread and add their thoughts and input.

Below is the list of club rallies I'm looking to do with dates, followed by the full club list.
So if anyone is interested in riding to them with me, all we need is a meeting time and place.
For rallies, I usually set off from home between 11am - 2pm on a Friday afternoon, but for
the International rally I'm going on Thursday between 10am - noon.

Club rallies I'm looking to do with dates.
---------------------------------------------

AGM : Market Harborough FC Mar 12th. (staying Sat night at MH Travelodge).

Region 14 West Country : May 13th - 15th.

International Rally : Jun 9th - 12th. Llangollen.

Region 19 New Forest : Jun 17th - 19th.

Region 4 Lakes : Jul 1st - 3rd. New venue; Barrow in Furness.

Festival of 1000 Bikes : Jul 15th - 17th.

2022 Dates (* Date already set, the rest I have based on 2021 dates).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

AGM : Market Harborough FC Mar 12th. *

Region 7 Drovers : Apr 22nd – 24th. *

Region 12 South West : May 6th - 8th. *

Region 14 West Country : May 13th - 15th. *

Region 21 Naseby Field : May 20th - 22nd. *

Region 29 International Rally : Jun 9th - 12th. * Llangollen.

Region 19 New Forest : Jun 17th - 19th. *

Region 9 Central Mercia : Jun 17th - 19th. *

Region 4 Lakes Rally : Jul 1st - 3rd. *

Region 18/20/24 Triple Rally : Jul 15th - 17th. *

Perrys : Jul 29th - 31st. 50th Anniversary.

Vintage & Sportster : Aug 5th - 7th. *

Region 3 North East : Aug 5th - 7th. *

Region 5 Yorkshire : Aug 19th - 21st. *

Region 17 Pitch & Party : Aug 26th - 28th. *

Region 28 Offshore Rally : Sep 2nd - 4th. *

Region 16 Essex Poker Run : Sep 9th - 11th. *

Non Club Rallies.
-------------------

Wallace Rally : Apr 28th - May 2nd. *

FH-DCE Super Rally Öland, Sweden : Jun 1st - 5th. *

Festival of 1000 Bikes : Jul 15th - 17th Jul. *

Free wheelin Kempen : Jul 29th - 31st. * Cancelled.

Centrum : Sep 16th - 18th. *

For those new members who haven't been to any of the above rallies on my list, PM me and I can send you the
directions I use to get to them, (you'll have to adapt them to where you are coming from).
So there you have it for the clubs rallies.

You don't have to do them all, but it would be nice to have company on any of them.
As I mentioned above, all we need is a meeting place and time; it can near to me or half way up or down.

For those who want to go to rallies, but don't want to or like to camp, there are only a few were you can
you get a hotel or B&B nearby, for my list, there is Naseby Field Rally in Market Harborough they have
a Travelodge and The Swan Hotel amongst others.
As the Lakes Rally is at a new venue, you will have to check if there are B&B's in Barrow in Furness.
For the Essex Poker Run, they have a few cabins on the site, so contacting the Essex rally organiser is the
best way to finding out about them and there availability.
For the other club rallies I would contact the regions rep for further info on hotels and B&B's near to the
rally.

For rideouts this year, there are no set dates as they're usually weather dependent.
The list is below and as with the rallies all we need is a meeting place and time.
I added a couple of new ones 9 years ago.
I devised a new route for this year; Forest of Bowland, see the end of my ride out list for its details.

As I mentioned at the top, I have been putting up this list for a 18 years and only twice has anyone joined
me for ride outs.
Otherwise I always end up going to rallies and rides on my own as no-one wants to come along.
You would think with around 50 members in the region, that some of them would like to meet up with other
region members for a ride to a rally or a ride out.

If you're not interested in meeting up with fellow Harley riders then why join the club/forum ?

Here are the ride outs (in no particular order).
---------------------------------------------------

Trough of Bowland (at end near Lancaster, either do a U-turn or continue on A roads to Blackpool).
Llangollen via Ruthin and the Ponderosa (Horseshoe Pass).
Rivington Barn (before or after a ride out).
Devils Bridge, (A59, A682, A65).
Llandudno or Colwyn Bay or Rhyl.
North Wales Loop (New Brighton (near Buckley) to Ruthin to Dolgellau to Betws-y-Coed
to Llandudno Junction then back along A55).
Southport to Lytham St Annes to Blackpool to Fleetwood to Knott End.
Matlock.
Portmeirion.
Squires Cafe (Sherburn in Elmet).
Scarborough.
Lake District Loop (up M6 off at J36 then A590, A595, A66, A591, A590) then down M6.

Yorkshire Loop (up M61/M6 to J31 then onto A59 along to Skipton then to Harrogate then A61
to Ripon then A6108 to Leyburn then the A684 along then onto the A683 to Kirkby Lonsdale then
still on the A683 to J34 of the M6).

Barmouth via Ruthin and Bala (from the M56 then onto the A494 to Ruthin, continue on the A494
then the A5 and back onto the A494 to Bala then continue down the A494 to Dolgellau then onto
the A470 to the roundabout at Llanelltyd onto the A496 to Barmouth).
The return is from Barmouth to the Llanelltyd roundabout then onto the A470 to Trawsfyndd then
onto the A4212 to Bala then back onto the A494 back to Ruthin then continue up the A494 back
to the M56.

A lap of Anglesey, (from the A55 onto the A5 then onto the A4080 along and around to Valley
then onto the A5025 and along all the way back to A55).

Forest of Bowland; this new route start is the same as the ride to the Trough of Bowland; from
J31a of the M6.
Along to the beginning of the ToB but then turn right going to and through Dunsop bridge.
Along and through Newton-in-Bowland to Slaidburn, turn right past the Hark to Bounty then left
at the War Memorial and follow the road all the way to Bentham.

At Bentham, turn left onto Main St, along onto Low Bentham rd, (B6408).
Along the B6480 all the way to until you get to Wray.
Continue through Wray on thw B6480 until it reaches the A683.
Then onto the A683 and down to Caton.

Through Caton and then turn left onto Quernmore rd, down then at Posterm Gate House left onto
Posterm Gate Rd, along and onto Rigg Ln, along then at the crossroads you can either turn left to come back
through the Trough of Bowland to return the way we came.
Or turn right and to the back of Lancaster and then continue on the A roads to Blackpool.

So there you have it.

If you have you have any ideas for rides whether it's just one or two or a list, feel free to
add them to this thread.

Let me know what you think.

So is anyone interested ?

Last edited:
Rideout Sunday 24th.
------------------------

Does anyone want to meet for a rideout next Sunday ?

I know it's the weekend of the Drovers Rally and a few of the regions members will have been there.
But there will be plenty of regional members who are free.

All we need is a meeting place and time.
We can pick a route from my list or you can suggest one of yours, I'm up for either.

We have until late Saturday night to sort out the details.

Ride to Chalky Pony Rally.
----------------------------

Is anyone thinking of going to the Chalky Pony Rally on Friday ?

I know it's also the weekend of the MCN Festival of Motorcycling in Peterborough.
Apart from the PR team going to set up the clubs stand, I don't know if anyone else
from the region is going.

The meeting place is Lymm Services, all we need is a time; say 11.00 - 11.30am.
The route from Lymm is down the M6 to J8 and then onto the M5.
Down the M5 to J15, then left onto the M4(E).
Along the M4 to J17 then off onto the A350.
I will be filling up at the Morrisons petrol station just after the Malmesbury roundabout.
Then continuing down the A350 to Coach road; left and then a quick right, along and under
the bridge then left to the rally site.

We have until 8pm on Thursday to sort out the meeting time.
After that I'm off to work and will not be checking for replies.

Back