clutch pulsing at lever

B

bimsb6

is it normal for the clutch lever to feel like a front brake with a warped disc ?
just picked up a street rod this evening and noticed it .

Re: clutch pulsing at lever

Welcome to the club website Bimsby6. There's not too many Street Rod riders come onto the Revolution pages, probably coz you're the first in the club who frequents the web site.
Assuming the clutch on your Street Rod and all other 'Rods is identical then I have no answer, but like a warped disc brake, does the pulsing lessen as you slow down and increase as you speed up? Are you actually gently pulling on the lever a little as you rest your fingers there.
If you don't get any joy on here, try the V-Rod Forums site where there may be others with a similar experience.

Rod Bod

Certainly not normal in my experience. :(

bimsb6 said:
is it normal for the clutch lever to feel like a front brake with a warped disc ?
just picked up a street rod this evening and noticed it .
Is it under warranty, & what is the mileage. They have a problem with the clutch springs wearing grooves into the hub causing uneven action. Have changed a few under warranty.

Mine was the same RodBod but only when ur resting ur fingers and applying a light pressure there.

Yes I used to feel it to.Welcome to the wonderful world of Harley davidson:rolleyes:

lawnmower said:
Mine was the same RodBod but only when ur resting ur fingers and applying a light pressure there.

thats when i am noticing it . also the chrome is pitting on the rear shocks
anyone else notice that ? i've only had it since monday just got back in after a blast ,bloody hell is shifts !! once that needle is swinging upwards past 6 k
and i am used to fast bikes just don't expect it on a cruiser type bike i guess .

Back