Coaster from Pulborough

jimmy2spanners

Membership Secretary.
Sad to inform you that Coaster from Pulborough , Dai Mercy aka gutter rat, passed away unexpectedly last week. Only met him couple of times ,once at the castle inn club night and last years new forest rally. His wife said he was really looking forward to the offshore rally but sadly it wasn't to be. I passed on our condolences to the family.

I met Dai for the first time last year but unfortunately didnt get a chance to get to know him well. Rest in Peace Dai and condolences to his family and friends.

Always sad news hearing the passing of a club member. I didn't know Dai but offer my condolences to his family and friends.

I first new Dai when I was a teenager from the DesertRat in Reigate and the club in redhill. Got to chat with him a few times about that period and started to get to know him in recent times. He suffered with Diabetes all his life and he wouldn’t mind me telling you. I’ve a funny memory in Littlehampton in about 1976, of him having to medicate and scaring the life out of a young waitress. Take care mate and god bless.

Back