Date for R14 Wessex Wobbler Rally - May 10th to 12th 2024

Mark Hammond

Committee
Just to confirm, following up on the announcement made in the video released on 28th May, whilst at this years rally we have booked Chippenham RFC for next years rally on May 10th to May 12th.

Bands for Friday and Saturday night are booked 🤘🎸

We are currently working with the rugby club to organise something a little different and interesting for Saturday afternoon 🍺🎸🌭🪓🏹

Same dates as R12 Riverside Rally I think....🤔☹️☹️
Unfortunately - yes, that was the planned R12 weekend date and some people have already booked accommodation. The R12 Rep & Committee are aware of the clash and will be assessing how best to manage, it's not in the clubs interest to have two neighbouring regions hold a rally the same weekend.

Unfortunately - yes, that was the planned R12 weekend date and some people have already booked accommodation. The R12 Rep & Committee are aware of the clash and will be assessing how best to manage, it's not in the clubs interest to have two neighbouring regions hold a rally the same weekend.

Unfortunately, this is the weekend in May that we have had for the last two years and we confirmed the provisional booking we had with the venue the week after our rally this year. When I spoke with Simon via messenger on Sunday, he said was going to look to move the R12 rally to the weekend before, which would be the same weekend as R12 ran their rally this year (and probably last year)

I agree that its not in anyone’s interest to have two rally’s in such close proximity to each other occurring on the same weekend, all that will happen is both regions will be exposed to potentially loss making events. Moving our rally back a week isn’t an option for us as it will then clash with Super Rally 2024 and is the date that is currently allocated for R11’s rally. Moving either regions rally to the week after R11’s scheduled date would mean trying to run a successful event when some members are either still in Europe post Super Rally or have only just returned, and running a rally during the run in to next year’s International, which again isn’t a great position to be placed in.

As things stand at the moment, based on the last two years rally dates, all R14 are doing is using the weekend that everyone would have been expecting us to be using for 2024.

Last edited:
It's great that we have two rallies in the West & South West, we all agree we need to avoid a weekend clash, as I can't be in both places at the same time. LOL

We are in discussion with the site and trying to move to the weekend before (the bank holiday weekend).
I’ll update when I know more.
There is a little confusion here as R12 changed to 2 weeks after Drovers and have had this date for many years, we will however see if we can reschedule.

We are in discussion with the site and trying to move to the weekend before (the bank holiday weekend).
I’ll update when I know more.
There is a little confusion here as R12 changed to 2 weeks after Drovers and have had this date for many years, we will however see if we can reschedule.
@SimonD have messaged you on Facebook messenger

Back