Departed brother.

SteveW65

Club Member
Just popped up on my nosebook feed, today would have been Gutter Rats birthday, another one goneā€¦.šŸ˜¢. On St Davidā€™s day as well.

I also don't think I know him (nicknames can be misleading) but if you'd like to recall any good stories of him I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one who'd be happy to hear them.

I also don't think I know him (nicknames can be misleading) but if you'd like to recall any good stories of him I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one who'd be happy to hear them.
Sorry Paul I barely knew him, only met him twice and the second time was at the West London Harley Riders Rally last year (2023) just before he died. I think Jim (R18 rep) may know more.

I knew Dai (gutter rat) since I was about 15, we spent a weekend in the Arun area, sleeping overnight under a plastic sheet on Climping beach, there was about 12 to 15 of us in total, who all hung around the Desert Rat pub in Reigate. The Saturday evening was spent at the pub at fontwell (now gone) we met up with a patch group who used to hang out there. Just drank beer and stuff, then rode to climping.
The funny part was in a cafe in littlehampton having breakfast on the Sunday morning, Dai who had diabetes his whole life, got a little tin out with a hyperdermic and asked the waitress if it was ok to inject himself! The look of shock/horror on her face was excellent.
Thereā€™s other bits like partyā€™s and stuff.i reconnected with him through the club 45 odd years later!!!

Back