Distinguished Gentlemens Ride 2018

topper

Vintage Clerk
Hi All
I know many in the vintage section do the Distinguised Gentlemens Ride but for those that dont know, its a chance to get your vintage steeds out , pull on your dapper gear , wax your moustaches and raise money and awareness for Prostate cancer and mens mental health. There will be a ride in your area and are a nice steady ride with other like minded people.
I have just registered for this years ride on Sept 30th( all rides are on the same day) .If you fancy it have a look on there website. Its a good fun day out and gets them vintage Harleys out there and raises a lot a money for a good cause.
Cheers Leigh

Re: Distinguished Gentlemens Ride 2018

i am running the distinguished gentlemens ride in Nth DEVON this year ,,it will start at the STRAND BARNSTAPLE and finish at the LOCKGATES BUDE ,,

it will leave Barnstaple at 11am ,,,,

john

Evening.

Tony B and I have done the Cardiff one for several years, always a good selection of bikes.

DO NOT LET HIPPY ANYWHERE NEAR IT
1. HE IS NOT DISTINGUISHED except for his colorful pants
2. AND A GENT well you all know what i mean nod nod wink wink

i have heard a few saying that they have been refused entry ,,,, very sad in my opinion,

as i have stated i am running the Barnstaple -Bude run ,,, and when i applied to do this there was a few conditions

one was the type of bike that they wanted ie classic ,,bobbers and the like but the last few paragraphs it stated that we could not refuse anyone wanting to ride

its if you turn up and possibly dress up a bit you are in the spirt of the event ,, they did suggest that if on a newer type bike could they ride behind the older bikes

some rides are as always are run by jobs worth ,, most are by like minded motorcyclist

john

I've registered for the Liverpool event.

The ones I have been on have all been from Triumph dealers, Chester and Nottingham and there were a lot of modern Triumph last year it was the bobbers before that the Cafe racer ones. No one was turned away but most made an effort with the tweeds,pinstripes and moustaches and entered into the spirit of the day.They had a few who came for the ride but did raise any money which to me was wrong. I think they are going to check registersation this year as you sign in and get people to make a donation if they have not raised any monies.
Cheers Leigh

Back