Downloading Videos from Youtube Using Microsoft Edge.

FXSTC Dave

Club Member Clubs Rally Coordinator
Hi.

I have been downloading music Videos from Youtube Using Internet Explorer (I.E.)
over the last few weeks.
When you go to a video a little sign appears above saying "download video" you
click on it and the video begins to download.

But sometimes when I try to go to Youtube on I.E. I keep getting redirected every now
to Microsoft Edge, as it says the site (Youtube) does not work with I.E. anymore.
But I can get Youtube on I.E. and it does work and I download videos (I only have the weekend).

I know I.E. is being upsupported from next year.

So my question is how (if I can) can I download using Edge as no little sign appears
to click on and start the download video sequence.

So am I missing something or can you not download any more ?

Re: Downloading Videos from Youtube Using Microsoft Edge.

Hi.

I have been downloading music Videos from Youtube Using Internet Explorer (I.E.)
over the last few weeks.
When you go to a video a little sign appears above saying "download video" you
click on it and the video begins to download.

But sometimes when I try to go to Youtube on I.E. I keep getting redirected every now
to Microsoft Edge, as it says the site (Youtube) does not work with I.E. anymore.
But I can get Youtube on I.E. and it does work and I download videos (I only have the weekend).

I know I.E. is being upsupported from next year.

So my question is how (if I can) can I download using Edge as no little sign appears
to click on and start the download video sequence.

So am I missing something or can you not download any more ?

Never used IE for years as web sites are ditching it for use - this forum included.

As far as I'm aware [might be wrong] Edge is a clone of Chrome and with both a separate downloader is needed. I've always used one anyway as it can turn a vid into a mp3 music track if wanted.

Have a look at this downloader

can be used in chrome too.

once installed it will auto pop up the downloader panel when a youtube vid is detected.

Last edited:

Never used IE for years as web sites are ditching it for use - this forum included.

As far as I'm aware [might be wrong] Edge is a clone of Chrome and with both a separate downloader is needed. I've always used one anyway as it can turn a vid into a mp3 music track if wanted.

Have a look at this downloader

can be used in chrome too.

once installed it will auto pop up the downloader panel when a youtube vid is detected.
Just downloaded this on Chrome and it seems to be working okay.I was using Tampermonkey but it hasn't worked for ages.Cheers Tom.

Hi Tom.

Thanks for that.

I've downloaded it and its working.

It's just annoying when I can get on Youtube with I.E.
It was just search for video you want, click on "download video" and you're done.

Now you have to download software to something simple.

Hi Tom.

Just tried to use the downloader on youtube.
And it comes up with "your 1 day trial has ended upgrade to premium".

So I doesn't work any more !!!
So I uninstalled it, then I thought, if I reinstall it, it may start again so I did, but no
it wants you to upgrade to premium.

Which is a shame as you could download up to 8 files at a time.

So I downloaded the software Geoff mentioned.

But this only lets download 1 file at a time and you have to close it after every download,
because if you try another URL it comes up with "cannot find YTPlayer".

But at least it works.

So I'll have a look on the Internet to see if there are anymore downloaders available to try.

Hi Tom.

Just tried to use the downloader on youtube.
And it comes up with "your 1 day trial has ended upgrade to premium".

So I doesn't work any more !!!
So I uninstalled it, then I thought, if I reinstall it, it may start again so I did, but no
it wants you to upgrade to premium.

Which is a shame as you could download up to 8 files at a time.

So I downloaded the software Geoff mentioned.

But this only lets download 1 file at a time and you have to close it after every download,
because if you try another URL it comes up with "cannot find YTPlayer".

But at least it works.

So I'll have a look on the Internet to see if there are anymore downloaders available to try.

OOops. Apologies, my mistake.

Hi Tom.

No worries.

It's just a pity, because you could download 8 videos at a time and get
through what you want in a few hours.

At least the other one works if only 1 video at a time, so taking a bit longer.

I have "Wondershare Uniconverter". Can download Videos from many sites and also convert any format to another format. can burn vids. to Disc and lots more. Wonderful piece of Software. :cool:

Back