Dynojet Power Vision 4

Buellbloke

Just a snip captured from an email I sent to Dynojet UK regarding purchasing a Dynojet Power Vision 4.
Am certainly not an influencer though do have the ear of at least 5000 people which does tend to have a knock on effect.

Quite shocked my PV4 is technically unsupported in the UK unless purchased directly from yourselves but fully supported in the USA.

I had hoped that your support would have allowed me to educate others, those people potentially interested in purchasing a PV4.

That the process of removing their rear O2 sensors via one of your maps was a simple one.

Kind of sad that unless they pay a premium you will not support them.

Basically forcing them to use their Harley dealers to map their bikes with Screaming Eagle products or if said Harley dealers uses this particular product paying them for the service instead of opting to purchase a PV4 for themselves.

I shall be forwarding on this information to the USA part of your operation, that the reason they might be taking a sales hit in the UK lies solely with the UK leg of Dynojet which does not support the product only themselves.

Anyone considering mapping their own M8 should either use a V&H Fuel Pack 4 which has the ability to edit the rear O2 sensors out. Or buy a Power Vison 4 directly from Dynojet UK. ( will require contacting tech support to get a basic map edited and sent to your PV4) Do not opt to buy from anywhere else or the PV4 product will only be supported in the USA.

When I was looking at doing the stage 1 thing I looked at what was available here. At £330 the V&H FP3 was something like £200 cheaper than the Dynojet offering through DJ UK.

If I wanted a DJ product I would get it from the states as I have a contact there who could buy it and post it on.

V&H fuel pack 3 wont entertain the newer 2021 model bikes as these have 4x O2 sensors, They had to redesign the product. So now only the V&H fuel pack 4 is capable of deleting the downstream sensors. Seems I might have gotten my underwear in a twist for nothing. The managing director of Dynojet UK has stepped in and stepped up, currently awaiting an updated map. It is potentially cheaper to go through your harley dealership but only if they are mapping with the Dynojet System. My own dealer offers maps fully modified for £250 though they will try and sell you useless dust caps callled eliminators for an additional £40, £17 everywhere else same ones. That route is good as saves £100, though the unit itself is worth about £150 even used as re licensable for £200. Its a game you have to decide for yourself (y)

There are a few down this way that use direct link tuning notably v twin at rye boz gets blinding results with it on his dyno krazy horse use it too in their neck of woods far better results than piggyback tuning and flashes from manufacturers as it tailors to each engine set up as no two are the same even with identical builds and on the dyno on my boz engined rk we picked up around 9 hp extra and a torque jump too tuning this way compared to the dynojet tuner used initially when i put it together 🤷🏻‍♂️

There are a few down this way that use direct link tuning notably v twin at rye boz gets blinding results with it on his dyno krazy horse use it too in their neck of woods far better results than piggyback tuning and flashes from manufacturers as it tailors to each engine set up as no two are the same even with identical builds and on the dyno on my boz engined rk we picked up around 9 hp extra and a torque jump too tuning this way compared to the dynojet tuner used initially when i put it together 🤷🏻‍♂️
Mate a dynotune with direct link is superior but not by much on a Stage One tune compared to using a flash tuner. I've seen what the best can achieve and the owner wouldn't notice the difference much. Your talking and extra 1 or 2 HP. Better results with 2 into 1 compared to 2 into 2. Certainly smoother pick up with the dynotune as bike specific as you say. As far as I know you still need the Dynojet module for direct link, you need to forward the license onto the dyno in question.

No with direct link it removes the piggback completely as it resets the oem module tables it was a fast learning curve with boz for me for sure and the differences were night and day i think it also depends on who is in your area in the past i used pdq at slough as they were local and the approved dynojet center to where i lived at the time but i travelled to boz and i think the result said it all for me 👍

The dynojet isn't a piggyback devise either. Once you have flashed the ecm you remove it.
I was going to mention that! a lot of people think they are left plugged in like previous Dynojet Power Commanders. You can autotune with them, whereby the device learns a new map whilst you ride. Also they can display data and stuff. Neither the PV4 or the V&H fuel pack are waterproof. They did make versions with a touch screen that were waterproof.

Back