Dynojet stock improved map

Invasion1973

Thinking of trying the stock improved map from Dynojet until I can decide on what new pipes and hi flow air filter I want. Has anyone used it on 2023 fxst? If so did it improve anything ? I would imagine it would run cooler any other benefits ?

According to the Dynojet site is seems this is your only option before you replace pipe and filter - https://www.dynojet.com/blog/power-vision-doesnt-have-a-pre-loaded-tune-for-your-bike/

If you don't like the tune, just re-flash the standard one back in.

Why not e-mail them for their advice -
  1. Email PVtech@dynojet.com and we’ll be able to assist you with any of these options, or even create a base tune for you. Your email should include the original back up tune, and to acquire that just follow these steps..........

Is the bike stock at the moment ? As you say “until i decide what new pipes and air filter i want” at this point you dont need a new map , if this is the case when you fit new pipes and filter its a different kettle of fish save your money and only get a new tune when the changes are made the stock sytem and map are more than adequate on a stock bike

Different bike from a different time but my 2017 Sportster was noticeably lean when brand new. There was a horrible rasp note to the exhaust. The dealer told me the usual that is how it is blah, blah.

I got a tuner and applied the better tune for stock bike. It adds fuel for a richer mixer. What it did for my bike was make it run nicer. The exhaust note became mellow and it lowered the running temperature of the engine.

I have written else where that if folk don't have the money to do a full stage 1 get the tuner first and worry about making more noise another day.

Thinking of trying the stock improved map from Dynojet until I can decide on what new pipes and hi flow air filter I want. Has anyone used it on 2023 fxst? If so did it improve anything ? I would imagine it would run cooler any other benefits ?

I ran the “stock improved” dynojet map for a short while on a 2021 Sport Glide. I already had the hardware and spare licence, and was simply waiting for other bits to turn up before fitting the new exhaust, air filter etc. I can’t say I noticed any real difference between the stock map and the “improved stock” map.

If you’ve already got the hardware and a spare licence on the hardware, then there’s nothing to lose. If trying the improved stock map involves buying new hardware and/or a new licence, it’s probably not worth the bother, unless you are firmly committed to doing the exhaust and induction side mods at a later date.

If you have a pv3b or pv4 you could just run a few Autotune sessions to see if it improves anything or take it to a dyno to get it properly dialled in. Every bike is unique so an improved tune might not necessarily work on your bike

Back