Early 2023 PAS frame issue

michael_dinwiddy

Club Member
The first batch of 2023 PAS have a crooked cowling and instrument consul. This is due to the two attachment lugs on the yoke incorrectly aligned to which the cowling and instrument frame section is bolted to.This does not affect the safety of the bike, just looks slightly wonky and is most annoying.

H-D UK without any fuss, immediately agreed to replace the front frame section under warranty for me.

Further info on link below.

IMG_7552.jpeg

IMG_7553.jpeg

Last edited:
Should be an easy fix, but what does it say about quality control and final inspection? Just been reading the latest Quin and Veggie Dave's recent purchase of a quality used low mileage M8 softail - despite the dealer claimed thorough 110 point inspection and service it had a defective battery and shot front brake pads and disc - all thankfully addressed under warranty post purchase, but says an awful lot about quality checks, be that at factory or dealer.

The first batch of 2023 PAS have a crooked cowling and instrument consul. This is due to the two attachment lugs on the yoke incorrectly aligned to which the cowling and instrument frame section is bolted to.This does not affect the safety of the bike, just looks slightly wonky and is most annoying.

H-D UK without any fuss, immediately agreed to replace the front frame section under warranty for me.

Further info on link below.
That is a FRIGHTENING read. I cannot believe H-D can send bikes to Dealers with such an obvious problem and even worse, Dealers selling them to customers without telling them. Really SH&T Customer Service. 😲 :mad:

That is a FRIGHTENING read. I cannot believe H-D can send bikes to Dealers with such an obvious problem and even worse, Dealers selling them to customers without telling them. Really SH&T Customer Service. 😲 :mad:
Yep .. The dealer was immediately on to it, after I pointed it out.. all repaired now entirely new front frame head stock
& all. Most 23 models were perfect but first batch went out wonky.

Incidentally the hand controls for PAS and other recent models are kept in stock by my dealership because of they regularly fail. 😂😂

Yep .. The dealer was immediately on to it, after I pointed it out.. all repaired now entirely new front frame head stock
& all. Most 23 models were perfect but first batch went out wonky.
But surely someone who works at the Dealership would have spotted this obvious fault on a new Bike? To my mind, they must have known but just ignored it or been told by H-D to disregard the problem and just sell them. 😤🤬

But surely someone who works at the Dealership would have spotted this obvious fault on a new Bike? To my mind, they must have known but just ignored it or been told by H-D to disregard the problem and just sell them. 😤🤬
It was actually the H-D press bike, so for its first year it was used for Youtube reviews and a bit of publicity stuff. The Dealer bought it by auction as H-D do that to their franchisees.

First time out I thought it was not quite right… I questioned myself, thought perhaps it was me, but then did some research and found the info.

Someone at H-D UK has loosened every nut and bolt and the forks and all and then did their best to make it look ok. Its fooled everyone who reviewed it. It was only 3mm out at the head stock but that still made a difference by the time you got to the cowling.

I had no problem with the dealer, as they sold it to me before they had delivery from H-D. And when I presented the issue a new frame section was sent over from the states with my vin number stamped on it. I was lent s bike when the job was done… 24 hours it was ready..

I really am happy the dealership.. best Ive ever come accross in 35 years of H-D ownership.., cant say the same for MoCo though who seems to have kept quiet about it.

If you look through the history of issues with bikes of the past this one is a little one.
Camchain twin cam
Oil loss m8
The PAS had loads of crapy stuff in 21
Better in 22
Sorted in 23 apart for the first batch with wonky lugs for the faring .
Etc

It was actually the H-D press bike, so for its first year it was used for Youtube reviews and a bit of publicity stuff. The Dealer bought it by auction as H-D do that to their franchisees.

First time out I thought it was not quite right… I questioned myself, thought perhaps it was me, but then did some research and found the info.

Someone at H-D UK has loosened every nut and bolt and the forks and all and then did their best to make it look ok. Its fooled everyone who reviewed it. It was only 3mm out at the head stock but that still made a difference by the time you got to the cowling.

I had no problem with the dealer, as they sold it to me before they had delivery from H-D. And when I presented the issue a new frame section was sent over from the states with my vin number stamped on it. I was lent s bike when the job was done… 24 hours it was ready..

I really am happy the dealership.. best Ive ever come accross in 35 years of H-D ownership.., cant say the same for MoCo though who seems to have kept quiet about it.
Who is the Dealer Michael?

Back