East London meets

T

thelyn

Hello all,

Just to let you know we're going back to 2nd and 4th Sundays after festive season disruption.
Nice to see so many at the Cuckoo today. And thanks to Geezer & Shirl for sorting out the winter camping thing. And much more besides... I'm not worthy!

See you all soon, and Happy New Year to all 69'ers and friends,

L :60277EB7B04744289C0:60277EB7B04744289C0

Re: East London meets

A member for three years and to my shame I've never managed to make it to a local meeting.

I was probably going to the tea hut on Sunday anyway so I'll try and pop by to introduce myself.

ChrisH

Well, we came, we saw, we conquered the King's Oak (or at least we had a coffee standing outside in the freezing cold)...but it ain't right for us, so:

No meet next week, we're all off doing par-taaaay! with the East Coasters.

Feb 8th: we're gonna go for it at :

The Bull
The Green
Blackmore,
Essex
CM4 0RR

Just off the A414. See you there.

L x

Hey Bish,

Lunchtime! Say 1pm onwards.

Hope to see you there.

L.

Well, guess you've all heard the news about East Coast party cancelled...

Commiserations to East Coasters who had worked to put their Winter Party together.

See you all at the Bush on the 8th Feb. :smile:

L x

London riders please note!

London riders please note!

The survey takes just a couple of minutes...worth your time!

Subject: Motorcycles in Red Route bus lanes
>
> URGENT ACTION NEEDED - by YOU!* Use link below to register your comments.
>
> Apparently Transport for London are receiving very few comments from motorcyclists about the new London-wide TfL trial of motorcycles in most red-route bus lanes.* For details of permitted routes use link at end.
>
> The latest news is that as part of the evaluation of the scheme 'users views' will be taken into account and 'numbers responding' will play a part in this.
>
> Clearly none of us want to see a situation where 5,000 cyclists have protested and 200 motorcyclists support. It's this kind of thing that would shift the political balance against us.
>
> However, cyclists campaign groups are steadily orchestrating a build up of resistance to the measure, being well organised at grass roots level in the capital and elsewhere. Tfl have already received large numbers of submissions from cyclists, opposing motorcycles in bus lanes.
>
> We risk losing the scheme at the end of the 18 month period unless the motorcycle world demonstrates widespread support for the measure.
>
> We urge all of you who read this to use the link below to visit the TfL 'user views' website and complete the response form, which will take only about two minutes.
>
> https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/roadusers/finesandregulations/motorcycleinbuslanes/default.aspx
>
> All, if you're a member of any other bikers social networking site, could you start a thread on this? Please also use whatever other avenues for publicity that you have (owners clubs, other social networks, word of mouth, forward this email, etc).
>
> The TfL scheme is being keenly watched outside London. Failure of the scheme in London will be likely to cripple our chances of getting motorcycles into bus lanes elsewhere.
>
> Link for details of routes Motorcycles in bus lanes | Transport for London

Back