ECKY THUMP 2023 29TH September --1st October 2023

devon.john

Club Member
This years' rally will be held at the Goathland Hub as last year.

Dates are 29th Sept to 1st October.

Camping £5 per person per night

There is accommodation in the village but I doubt that any is available

This is a motorbike event but there is a camp ground further along the lane which can accommodate vans and caravans

We will have exclusive use of the Hub building which has excellent toilet / showering facilities a large seating / table area and a Bar.

I will arrange for a catering van to be on site as last year and ensure vegetarian options available.

We will have a fire pit and wood for the night times.

Located in North Yorkshire, not too far from Whitby, Goathland was the filming location for the 'Heartbeat' television programme.
The train station in the village runs Steam trains to Whitby or a decent bike ride over there for the legendary fish and chips is recommended.
There is a selection of small shops and cafe's in the village as well as 3 pubs.

The campsite is at the Hub, well drained and flat, a good car park or concrete hardstanding available.

As we get the Hub facilities for free I will divide equally any monies raised between the Hub and Air Ambulance

next year shipply john is going to bring his hog roast
so we can produce a proper meal ,,,both nights
i think we out numbered the adventure riders again ( evan if some of us were riding non Harleys )
this is a brilliant weekend thanks to all that attended ,,
Thanks for another successful Weekend both to you and Steve from ABR. A good turnout and the best of ingredients. Good people, Plenty of opportunity to meet up and chat around a fire.
It was heartening that once again we supported the village on their coffee morning and buying up the remaining cakes to help them raise vital funds for Macmillan Cancer Care.
Shipley John doing a Hog roast will be excellent. Having sampled his hog roasts on several occasions, I can vouch for his skills on that front.
I look forward to next years event.

Another fantastic weekend at the lovely village of Goathland on the North Yorkshire moors for
the Ecky Thump rally, started some eleven years ago by Devon John as one of several rallies he
runs over the Winter months (not sure why you would run a rally 400 miles from home but we
are all glad you do) with the weather being much better than last year it brought a few more
riders out for the rally.

The venue for this rally is the Goathland hub, a modern building with excellent facility's & field
for camping. It really is the perfect venue for a small rally like this. As Devon John has said our
club just edged it on numbers over the adventure bike riders, they are a great group of bikers
and its a shame we only get together for the Ecky Thump.
We also made it over to the Goathland village hall on Friday for the Macmillan Coffee morning
This was another win for our club as we ate much more cake than the Adventure Bike riders &
all for a worthy cause.

See you all in Goathland same weekend next year, if you've not been to this rally before you
should try & make it, you wont be disappointed.

Back