Fat Boy dropping 12v at the coil

Kwakadaz

Hi all, i am a newbe to this site and new to Harley Davidson
I have picked up a 2003 fat boy that is a none runner with no spark
CPS is fine about 3.5 volts AC when cranking
New Ignition coil still no spark. Put the meter on the A terminal at the coil and no volts but with the key on and put the run switch to run position you can hear the relay click and then 12 volts at terminal A, then with in two seconds there is another click and the volts drop to 0, fitted new System relay and Crank relay ( but the engine turned over ok any way )

and ideas would be truly grateful.

Now this is a little questionable, the very first day i got it i did all the normal checks of a bike that has been standing for 3 years fitted new battery and started up well, the only thing i did was fit a new 3inch wide primary drive belt and cage bearings , i have played with the fobs during this none start issue but i have not noticed the red key icon in the speed counter dash, When i think i did arm it , it would not crank over.
I thought they worked as proximity and you armed it pressing the button twice , Can you tell me how i can totally take the immobilizer out of the equation ?

Had a flat key fob, but my other one is ok the immobilizer is doing as it should when i press the button, but when it is double pressed and the red key goes off in the dash , ignition on and a multimeter on the A terminal of the coil, switch the run button on the bars , power 12 volts to the coil and then with in 2 seconds another click somewhere and its gone !

Back