First Trip to Foreign Shores - Only Belguim

S

Sportsterboy

I know I need the following driving licence (original), insurance (original), passport. Is there any other paperwork I need??
Also what the status of a GB/EU sticker. I believe I also need a bulb kit and thats all????

Regards

Re: First Trip to Foreign Shores - Only Belguim

Sportsterboy said:
I know I need the following driving licence (original), insurance (original), passport. Is there any other paperwork I need??
Also what the status of a GB/EU sticker. I believe I also need a bulb kit and thats all????

Regards

Log Book.

A G.B. sticker is supposed to be used as that is the legal requirement of Europe, not the E.U. round circle of yellow dots on a blue background.

A bulb kit, and a yellow fluorescent yellow jacket in case you break down then you are supposed to put it on before doing anything else.

The R.A.C. will also advise for free just look up their website for the different countries in Europe.

Big_john Spain ;)

Licence,
Insurance,
Reg.docs.
Passport
Medical insurance docs.
Breakdown recovery docs,
GB sticker
Spare bulbs
Flourescent vest

All essential, I can vouch for that as I had to show most of the above after being approached by the local 'Gendarmerie' somewhere in France recently.:)
They were very friendly about it all but don't know if that would be the case if your paperwork wasn't in order:eek:

Wacko:cool:

weedavie_j said:
Licence,
Insurance,
Reg.docs.
Passport
Medical insurance docs.
Breakdown recovery docs,
GB sticker
Spare bulbs
Flourescent vest

All essential, I can vouch for that as I had to show most of the above after being approached by the local 'Gendarmerie' somewhere in France recently.:)
They were very friendly about it all but don't know if that would be the case if your paperwork wasn't in order:eek:

Wacko:cool:

Oh, well as long as yae remembered awe yer docs then!:rolleyes: :D

GB sticker? For what?

weedavie_j said:
So they can run yae off the road when they see what nationality yae are M8 :D

For all I know it ain't mandatory.
At least not in Portugal.
Most people collect them to show were they've been.
I have P (Portugal), E (Spain), F (France), AND (Andorra) and GBZ (Gibraltar) :)

the_roadking said:
For all I know it ain't mandatory.

Dunno road_king !!!!!!!!

All I can say is that it is in a list of 'must have's' for touring Europe.

If you really want to suck up to the local constabulary you can always fit one of those EU number plates with the wee blue section and the 12 stars showing that yer a member of the Union :)

Wacko :cool:

weedavie_j showing that yer a member of the Union :)

Wacko :cool:

All together now. :D :D :D

We not even have those for motorcycles!
Plain white background with black letters and numbers.
:cool:

Last edited:
Back