flyer posting

jimmy2spanners

Membership Secretary.
hi
i,m trying to post a rally flyer on our region thread but when prompted to 'upload file' it has a red cross in box saying 'invalid file' . tried it in word and pdf but does the same. what am i doing wrong ? and how do i do it please., :grief:

Re: flyer posting

If you are trying to upload a '.doc' file or a 'pdf' in the normal thread system it will only allow an image or video ( .jpg / .png etc.

Easiest way is to save the flyer as an image - (.jpg) then you can do it.

hiya , thanks for info . i tried to 'save as' but it doesnt give an option to save it as jpg, only to save as word, text etc but not image. i,ve got it saved as pdf and word. i must be doing something wrong as i emailed it to someone as a word attachment and they have converted it from word to pdf and then posted it as a flyer on their region thread. i,ll get someone to do it for me. thanks all the same

hiya , thanks for info . i tried to 'save as' but it doesnt give an option to save it as jpg, only to save as word, text etc but not image. i,ve got it saved as pdf and word. i must be doing something wrong as i emailed it to someone as a word attachment and they have converted it from word to pdf and then posted it as a flyer on their region thread. i,ll get someone to do it for me. thanks all the same

If you open the word or pdf flyer on your pc screen to fit the screen then screen shot it and save as jpeg.

THIS Snipping Tool is for windows and works great.

• Free-form Snip. Draw a free-form shape around an object.
  • Rectangular Snip. Drag the cursor around an object to form a rectangle.
  • Window Snip. Select a window, such as a browser window or dialog box, that you want to capture.
  • Full-screen Snip. Capture the entire screen.

Back