Fob Switching

L

Livia329

So when I bought my bike the owner had managed to melt the fobs by the time I came to pick it up. One is much worse than the other as you can see. I don't even bother to use the BAD one.

The issue I have is because the plastic is bent out of shape the battery comes out of place slightly so I have to open it up and place it back and hope that it works. Sometimes it can take multiple attempts to get the immobilizer to switch off. Obviously this is slightly annoying as it usually happens when I am parked somewhere and want to leave... Awkward.

So I bought a new fob off ebay. It's 2nd hand but good cond, for ?25. Can I simply switch the motherboards over and it will work?

I can't actually get into the badly melted one currently - will need to try a bigger knife. I'd like to switch this one over first as the other one will work if needed.

Nevermiind done it. Will test tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Re: Fob Switching

It should be OK. Some car fobs have additional RFID transponders in the fob but these do not. Its all on the PCB. Swapping the case over should be easy.

Re: Fob Switching

The manual should show how to add another fob. No security problems as you do need the correct key to do it but just using the new case with your old insides should be no problem.
Also get to know how to use the indicators to disable the immobiliser in case your fob does not work or gets lost. Again that is covered in the manual.

Back