Front brakes 97RK

B

Bowenman

Hi All

What calipers have you fitted to your Road Kings? I'm tracking some brakes on eBay but I'm short of some information that you may be able to help with.

What is the distance between bolt centres on the fork legs? I can't check mine until Friday when I pick the bike up, so if you happen to be near your bike with a tape measure.....

Also I have in the garage a set of Yamaha R1 calipers, which would look cool as the would match the bike and the Hypercharger, but I think I would need to get some mounting plates made. Anyone had this done?

Thanks in anticipation

David

Re: Front brakes 97RK

at this point with out exploring other routes I woudlnt be looking to change the calipers yet, its cheaper to fit softer ebc pads first then look at a floating disc, the reason being the caliper is rigid so is the disc, there is no where for the distortion to go when it gets warm other than to break contact with the disc, a floater overcomes this problem very nicely and a lot cheaper than new calipers.
ps they are only as good as the brake lines, fit braided?

Re: Front brakes 97RK

S.T.Chapman said:
at this point with out exploring other routes I woudlnt be looking to change the calipers yet, its cheaper to fit softer ebc pads first then look at a floating disc, the reason being the caliper is rigid so is the disc, there is no where for the distortion to go when it gets warm other than to break contact with the disc, a floater overcomes this problem very nicely and a lot cheaper than new calipers.
ps they are only as good as the brake lines, fit braided?
I`m with you Simon, after looking at the options & being able to ride a lot of different bikes I put a full set of floating discs on my DX, made a huge difference.
floaters0012ud.jpg

floaters0026qs.jpg

Back