Fuel Stabilisers

Realbark

What do you use as fuel stabiliser additives? Currently have 3 bikes - an Evo (drain the bowl) E5. A 2004 TC (currently as is and run every 2 weeks static) and Benelli (E10 and no stabiliser). Ive had no issues with the Evo, the twinkie is fairly new to me as is injection ( frightens the hell out of me when fired up in sub-zero) and the Benelli is ok so far for 2 years. So - should i use one and if so, what?

I use Lucus fuel stabiliser (sourced from eBay or Amazon) - it's half the price of the H-D product (twice the volume), you get enough for 2 treatments.

Last edited:
If you use Lucas Fuel stabiliser I would make sure you get the one with Ethanol guard, the green label not blue, you are more likely to have ethanol issues over a couple of months rather than the fuel gumming & crystallising etc.

Can't say I have ever used the Lucas product though but have used the H-D Ethanol Guard lots of times with no issues.

Also I can't see where you can get the Lucas products at half the price of the Ethanol Guard, both around £9.00?

Never had a problem with Lucas blue, it's half the price of the H-D ethanol guard because you get twice as much and can treat one bike over 2 winters.

Where I live Esso E5 is apparently E0 so I fill the tank with that even though it costs substantially more than E5 and E10. I haven't used any additives and not suffered from any problems. We have two machines here, relatively new, 2008 and 2017 Sportsters.

Back