Handlebars

they will look the nuts mate (y)
did you ever approach club member region 27 Heather of Hurricane airbrush for your art work we spoke about in Wales
her details are in the quin, she does amazing work . many club members have used her (y)

they will look the nuts mate (y)
did you ever approach club member region 27 Heather of Hurricane airbrush for your art work we spoke about in Wales
her details are in the quin, she does amazing work . many club members have used her (y)

No i didn't mate, not since the rally (i did speak to here there tho); can you PM me her deets please?

KST? If so, great choice. As is the RG ... I thought you were going for a batwinged bike.

KST? If so, great choice. As is the RG ... I thought you were going for a batwinged bike.
Mate, i saw the light!!
Double test ride (back2Back) and the difference was amazing.
Went there wanting the SG, left with a RG!! :D

KST 12" Spearheads, fully adjustable on all planes for the ultimate fit......apparently.

I did tell you several years back!! LOL. Congrats. I have KST 10in Outlaw on mine. Made in the USA, top quality. Very happy.

So having had numerous sets of Apes on various Harleys i'm wondering about fitting a set of maybe 12" bars to my Ultra Limited, so apart from looking cool what are the other benefits and what size and make do you recommend. There is a guy based near Newcastle and he makes stunning bars and i think they are in 2" tubing but i stand to be corrected

12" is apparently the highest you can go without having to re-wire and re cable your h-bars.
It also depends on what year your bike is, so definitely worth checking.

12" is apparently the highest you can go without having to re-wire and re cable your h-bars.
It also depends on what year your bike is, so definitely worth checking.
i think 12" would be the tallest i would go but i just wondered if most of the touring owners go for the 10" or the 12", ive fitted many 16" Apes to various Harleys and i loved them as long as you clamp them correctly, before i realised i could easily fit them myself i had a set of 16s fitted by a stealership and on the way home i braked and they went from Apes to clip ons Triton style it was definitely a arse clenching moment

Rob
Heather suffolk region member , amazing art work check out her website, shes done lots of work for various club members
and also Krazy Horse customs
Hurricane Airbrush Art
4 Grove lane
Bury St Edmonds
IP30 9HN

They've arrived - going to fit them tomorrow.

BUT - if I fit them myself, does that invalidate the warranty?

If the engine dropped a valve would it be because of the handlebars? Unlikely and so wouldn't affect anything to do with the drivetrain, IMO.

If after fitting them the high beam didn't work it might be something you did so possibly wouldn't get a warranty repair.

They've arrived - going to fit them tomorrow.

BUT - if I fit them myself, does that invalidate the warranty?

Strictly speaking fitting them yourself will invalidate any manufacturer’s warranty on a component that they deem could have been affected by the new aftermarket components and/or the process of fitting them. So for example if you subsequently get any switchgear or electrical problems on components that linked to the switches and handlebar wiring looms, they’ll probably say that particular problem isn’t covered by the warranty. When reassembling onto the new handlebars, be especially careful not to pinch or trap any of the wiring - very common to see people having electrical problems after changing bars on M8’s and the culprit is usually a trapped, pinched or damaged wire.

IMG_3994_edited.jpg
IMG_3996_edited.jpg

Fitted and feeling good; although there are a few issues:

1. KST Installation video misses out some key bits - hydraulic cable placement, some wiring connection issues, and no help for heated grips (which are now not working - more to do there).

2. Bar width on current setting is about the same as the previous stock ones, the ride is good but will need a little more adjustment (back and in I think).

All in all, pretty happy! with_glasses

Rob
Heather suffolk region member , amazing art work check out her website, shes done lots of work for various club members
and also Krazy Horse customs
Hurricane Airbrush Art
4 Grove lane
Bury St Edmonds
IP30 9HN
Actually Heather is a bit rubbish, but Hilary is brilliant...

Rob, my bars the heated grips did not work as HD gateshead tried to force them in and it knacked them, be careful

Back