Harley Davidson SST250 front forks

R

Roger Maries

Presently in the middle of a 1976 Harley Davidson SST250 restoration which was progressing really well until I found out that the lower alloy fork slider on the disc side has internal damage.:frown: Does anybody know where I might be able to find and buy a replacement "Betor" lower fork slider, or failing that a complete replacement set of forks, Betor, Ceraini, or Marzzochi it doesnt matter which... i aint bovvered.... as long as it fits an SST250cc or 175ccc as I believe they are interchangable.
Many thanks
Roger

Re: Harley Davidson SST250 front forks

Presently in the middle of a 1976 Harley Davidson SST250 restoration which was progressing really well until I found out that the lower alloy fork slider on the disc side has internal damage.:frown: Does anybody know where I might be able to find and buy a replacement "Betor" lower fork slider, or failing that a complete replacement set of forks, Betor, Ceraini, or Marzzochi it doesnt matter which... i aint bovvered.... as long as it fits an SST250cc or 175ccc as I believe they are interchangable.
Many thanks
Roger
Try posting on the 2 stroke Spagetti club sitehttp://www.facebook.com/groups/255069387846165/
They might be able to help

Chris, thanks for the interest and response but i've been there with F%^& all response so I'm, putting my faith in the UK massive:)

I think i've got a complete front end,yokes + wheel + Caliper in the back of the shed.P.M. me or ask Baza or Hippy for my number.I'm in the depths of Norfolk.Steve.

Last edited:

Thanks Steve, I've dropped you a PM

Roger

Steve

Just confirm (before I get too excited) The SST250 had a front disc brake and not a drum brake which would make it an SS250, if yours has got a disc brake then I'm on my way to Norfolk:60277EB7B04744289C0

Roger

H',m memory plays some funny tricks.Just gone and checked and GOT yokes,forks,pitted + rusty chrome legs,bottom sliders look fine,DRUM brake complete,brake cable,brake lever+throttle ass,front wheel,servicable and knackered tyre.Wheel still in situ,brake compleat,shoes,springs,axle,nuts etc.Sorry to get you all excited,dangerous at our(?) age!Just off to work but around all day tomorrow(monday).

Steve

Thanks for trying but it seems that you have the front end off an SS and not an SST, :frown: will call tomorrow to discuss further

Cheers

Roger

Roger, I couldn't reply when you posted because my books are temporarily packed away (DIY) but I thought you'd like to know that I own a 1976 SST250 parts book with 76/77 supplement (european part number style) if you need anything looked up?
I also have 1976 SS175/250 parts book for comparison? I also have a 1974/75 SX175/250/SS250 workshop manual.

Back