Harley-Davidson’s New 121ci CVO Engine Has VVT (And the Road Glide has an “interesting” new fairing)

Variable Valve Timing on a Harley. Not sure I would buy one just yet, not that I even have the lump of cash this is likely to cost.

BMW GS did it in recent years to get a bit more Va Va Voom out of their twin, but wonder what the CVO will sound like on max throttle as it’s likely to be higher revving. Potentially awesome 👌
This Idea has been around decades in the larger marine ships engines, It was done to enable a more efficient fuel burn to work alongside variable fuel injection timing as the heavy fuel oil around the world varied a lot in calorific energy. Got no idea why the motor trade took this on nor how they made it work.

This Idea has been around decades in the larger marine ships engines, It was done to enable a more efficient fuel burn to work alongside variable fuel injection timing as the heavy fuel oil around the world varied a lot in calorific energy. Got no idea why the motor trade took this on nor how they made it work.
Honda made it work very efficiently on their Cars. I don't know if it was ever on any of their bikes. :unsure:

Was on Kawasaki GRT1400 first back to have this, but cars had is earlier, such as Alpha Romeo Spyder in 1980 as a production car, but patented by Fiat was back in the 1960's.
It's all about chasing power.
If the Harley Variable valve timing is a reliable solution, expect to see higher HP figures quoted.

Honda made it work very efficiently on their Cars. I don't know if it was ever on any of their bikes. :unsure:
Honda have had it for a ling time, called VTEC on cars in their K-Series engines originally.
On bikes, I know the VFR800 had it, but unsure on others

£52k.... and would sir like a stage one kit.. ohh and would madam like to browse the parts and accessories catalogue...to make it "yours" !!!.... ahh this way to the clothing department....it was mentioned on the thread that if you have it and want it then buy it you can't take it with you but there does come a point where the company look upon there customers as cash cow mugs who'll simply buy anything just feed em enough bs..quite astonishing really

Reactions: Ron
Heres the previous version🤣

Riding suit included.

Screenshot_20230312-183540_Chrome.jpg

Back