Hello from the Highlands

K

kiltbill

Fit like fae the heelands all. Sporty rider here (Soon to be Dyna prob) Guid tae see there's a fair bunch fae the North.

Thers 4 o us Harley riders up here that regularly go oot fer a run, so maybe worth meeting up and gettin tae ken some o you folks.

Re: Hello from the Highlands

Welcome to the forum

hope to see you around somewhere

Harry from Holland

FireHNY.gif

Welcome to the forum

hope to see you around somewhere

Harry from Holland

FireHNY.gif

Cheers Mac,

Good Scottish name you got there. Been around a while but never posted in "Northern Scotland" thread. Thought I should say Hello.

Bill.

Fit like fae the heelands all. Sporty rider here (Soon to be Dyna prob) Guid tae see there's a fair bunch fae the North.

Thers 4 o us Harley riders up here that regularly go oot fer a run, so maybe worth meeting up and gettin tae ken some o you folks.

Hi kiltbill
How far north are you? the roofless croft house in your pic looks like Caithness.Its cold dreicht and windy at Keith so I immagine its worse further north
Cheers
Gas Axe

Hi kiltbill
How far north are you? the roofless croft house in your pic looks like Caithness.Its cold dreicht and windy at Keith so I immagine its worse further north
Cheers
Gas Axe

The Croft was in Tiree Gas, took a trip there last year. Weather was great apart from 1 day the Local Bobby was also away for 2 days of the Trip so got to ride wothoot a lid for that time, was great.

Not a million miles from yerself either. Hame is Elgin although I'm an Aberdonian originally.

Maybe catch up with ya sometime. Do you go to Thunder at Aviemore?

Cheers, Bill.

The Croft was in Tiree Gas, took a trip there last year. Weather was great apart from 1 day the Local Bobby was also away for 2 days of the Trip so got to ride wothoot a lid for that time, was great.

Not a million miles from yerself either. Hame is Elgin although I'm an Aberdonian originally.

Maybe catch up with ya sometime. Do you go to Thunder at Aviemore?

Cheers, Bill.

Aye Bill,I was at Aviemore,but before I bought the sporty,I took my old Guzzi Cali for a look .it pissed rain.Be fine to meet up when the salt is off the roads.
For maybe 25 years I used my various bikes for my means of transport,and it was always a nightmare trying to stop the salt eating my pride and joy.I now resist the urge to ride ,and leave my bike in the shed under loads of covers,with a tube heater under the lot( been thinking of making a plastic bubble with a de-humidifier in it )
Its taken 50 odd years ,but i now admit defeat and let the winter get on with it,suppose i'm a fair weather biker now
Keep in touch
Cheers
Gas

Aye Bill,I was at Aviemore,but before I bought the sporty,I took my old Guzzi Cali for a look .it pissed rain.Be fine to meet up when the salt is off the roads.
For maybe 25 years I used my various bikes for my means of transport,and it was always a nightmare trying to stop the salt eating my pride and joy.I now resist the urge to ride ,and leave my bike in the shed under loads of covers,with a tube heater under the lot( been thinking of making a plastic bubble with a de-humidifier in it )
Its taken 50 odd years ,but i now admit defeat and let the winter get on with it,suppose i'm a fair weather biker now
Keep in touch
Cheers
Gas

Cheers Gas,

Not being a million miles away we can maybe meet up sometime.

All the best for 2007

Bill.

I'll just make a note of that ---- another softy Scot :rolleyes: ;)

Old Bob :cool:

:D I guess after 50 Years of Biking Gas is allowed to let the bones rest over the Winter...:D

Cheers Gas,

Not being a million miles away we can maybe meet up sometime.

All the best for 2007

Bill.

:D I guess after 50 Years of Biking Gas is allowed to let the bones rest over the Winter...:D

Aye Bill ,that would be fine.In answer to rest of banter,I live in Scotland by choice,.I was born in Lancashire, so a softy Lancastrian, Been riding 40 years,it has taken me 54 to get a bit ( only a bit) of sense.Sh*te comes out all colours depending on intake( mostly verbal)
Have a good new year
Gas Axe

Last edited:

hi bill,
welcome aboard,:D like gas. I,m not far from yourself either.i live in rothes and hope to see you and all soon.all the best for 2007. josef

Hey up Joe
Check your personal messeges,
Lee

hi bill,
welcome aboard,:D like gas. I,m not far from yourself either.i live in rothes and hope to see you and all soon.all the best for 2007. josef

Hi Josef,

You're just a few miles down the road. Maybe we should see if we can meet up for a coffee/beer etc sometime next year.

Cheers, Bill

sounds good good Bill,:) hope you and yours had a good festive hol and that you,re not suffering from the effects of the--- drink too much:D :D .check your pm bill for tel no,
all ra best
josef

Back