Helmet Question??

P

purplemidget

Hi peeps,

I need help with helmet measurements please:D ive just measured my bonce and its 56.5CMS sooo do i get a 55/56 so its a snug fit OR 57/58? that might be a little slack i know they should fit snuggly but just how much? dont want the old grey matter all cunfuddled cos its squashed hehe
thanks

Re: Helmet Question??

purplemidget said:
Hi peeps,

I need help with helmet measurements please:D ive just measured my bonce and its 56.5CMS sooo do i get a 55/56 so its a snug fit OR 57/58? that might be a little slack i know they should fit snuggly but just how much? dont want the old grey matter all cunfuddled cos its squashed hehe
thanks

Don't worry about what's written on the lid or box: try it on. They're all slightly different. And ask around, some loosen up more than others. Too loose is not good....

Cheers

Mike

Just try some on. A bit like clothes, they may say they are a particular size but they all fit differently :( Some are tight fitting and others are looser.

Kendo :cool:

kendo said:
Just try some on. A bit like clothes, they may say they are a particular size but they all fit differently :( Some are tight fitting and others are looser.

Thanks, ive seen one on ebay i like only worn 4 times (well thats what she said) its a 55/56 my bonce is 56.5 would you suggest i get a new one and not risk it? only ?55 so far.
thanks again :D

To quote someones else post click on this: bottom right hand corner of their post.

Best and safest go to one of the dealers I showed you the links to yesterday. TRY IT ON before buying.

BaZa ? said:
To quote someones else post click on this: bottom right hand corner of their post.

Best and safest go to one of the dealers I showed you the links to yesterday. TRY IT ON before buying.

Thanks for that i did click the quote button last time dont know how i screwed it up :( so sorry

purplemidget [FONT=Comic Sans MS said:
Thanks, ive seen one on ebay i like only worn 4 times (well thats what she said) its a 55/56 my bonce is 56.5 would you suggest i get a new one and not risk it? only ?55 so far.
thanks again :D
[/FONT]
Personal view. Never ever buy a second hand helmet! You do not know the history. It could have been dropped.

Buy a new own that's properly fitted.

Hi Purple,

As Roger said, buying a used helmet is a big risk - There are loads of people doing bargain helmets now, J&S in Leeds, Heine Gericke (one in Leeds & Bradford).

Where abouts are you?

I dont know about full face .but I seem to remember that when done up on the head you should not be able to push it foreward..open face that is .and I was allways told once droped ..no good.

Hi Purple,

As Roger said, buying a used helmet is a big risk - There are loads of people doing bargain helmets now, J&S in Leeds, Heine Gericke (one in Leeds & Bradford).

Where abouts are you?
Hi thanks for the info im in Doncaster, im not gonna get a second hand one ill try em on in the stores my brain isnt wired right to start with without adding to the damage to save a few quid! :eek:

midget :p

zipps said:
I dont know about full face .but I seem to remember that when done up on the head you should not be able to push it foreward..open face that is .and I was allways told once droped ..no good.

Hi zipps,
funny you should mention open face helmets, i was discussing that today with a friend he has a Iabussa ( scuse the spelling) he is adamant i should have a full face one to protect the jaw etc, at the speeds he travels id want a big star trek style force field round me for protection( im not a trekkie ..honest!) :D
obviously the style of helmet would help in that region but at speed would it realy make much difference wether it was open or full faced:confused:

midget:p

open face or full face is a matter for you to decide, pros and cons with both, potential more damage with open face hemet in a spill, lot cooler in the summer, horrible in the rain, ok on a bike with a screen, better visibility than a full face. generally noisier. full face prob better on a sportsbike, like the hayabussa.

loads of shops in Doncaster to choose from.
helmet MUST be a reasonably tight fit, if you can move your head from side to side in it at all its too loose.

hein greike are very good on the doncaster - rotherham road, carnells etc, even the st ledger harley shop behind B&Q (GET A SECOND MORTGAGE)
may even see you there..its my local stealership

Natra

Natrasleep said:
open face or full face is a matter for you to decide, pros and cons with both, potential more damage with open face hemet in a spill, lot cooler in the summer, horrible in the rain, ok on a bike with a screen, better visibility than a full face. generally noisier. full face prob better on a sportsbike, like the hayabussa.

loads of shops in Doncaster to choose from.
helmet MUST be a reasonably tight fit, if you can move your head from side to side in it at all its too loose.

hein greike are very good on the doncaster - rotherham road, carnells etc, even the st ledger harley shop behind B&Q (GET A SECOND MORTGAGE)
may even see you there..its my local stealership

Natra
Hi again,
thanks for the info, i had heard Donnys Harley dealership was expensive but i didnt know it was that bad:eek: ..not a good place to get a leather jacket from then hehehe :( do you know where i could get a SHARK helmet from? id like the one with flowers n butterflys on it if i could...thanks

hein greike isd probably your best bet, but each helmet manufaturer makes their helmets slightly differently, in shape, so dont set your heart on a specific pattern, my advice is you would be far far better getting one that fits best. Shark are good, but like most of the good helmets are expensive (but what price can you put on safety).

hope you have luck finding one that you want, but be prepared to spend a couple of hundred quid on a Shark,...there are lots of helmets out there from ?40 upwards, you pay a bit for the mame, make sure it has the correct kite mark, and has a gold standard mark on it for max protection

Natra

Back