HOG

Army

Club Member
So I'm wondering due to the demise of many HD dealerships will the HOG rallies and membership take a hit

Never did do the HOG thing, countless free membership cards and patches sent over the years with each new bike purchase have gone in the bin.

There’s a few independent HOG chapters that operate without being tied to a particular dealership. In the past this has usually happened when the dealership principal and chapter directors have a falling out, or the chapter themselves get fed up with having to continually push HD products and services on their members.

At the moment the Chester based HOG chapter’s social media is saying they will continue and they were still pushing new membership applications yesterday.

When Riders Bridgewater gave up their franchise the resident HOG chapter didn’t want to merge with the Bristol based Great Western chapter, so they now officially operate as a second chapter operating out of Riders Bristol, however in practice nothing has changed and they continue to use Riders Bridgewater as their base.

They don't all fold; Rainy City (Manchester) and HDC Caledonia are two that come to mind which have prospered since "independence". I have no doubt that there are others.

Hopefully we'll have an subtle increase in membership applications where dealerships in certain areas no longer have Harley under their roof ;)

Some of the dealerships are linked to other makes like Harley/Triumph in Watford. I wonder what will happen there?

Also, Indian seem to be saying they are seeking to increase their dealerships. At least in the USA.

Back