Hydraulic brake AMF SST250 1977

S

Stropke

Hello,
my bike has a front disk brake and hydraulic Brembo calipers. Does anyone have an exploded view of the master cylinder? My workshop manual only shows a drum brake on the front wheel. Only later on disk brakes where mounted to the AMF's. I know that the Cagiva sst250 1978 already has a hydraulic front brake but I cannot find an exploded view on the net. I want to disassemble the master cylinder and there should be some kind of circlip but I can't see it neither can I take the piston out. Can anyone help me?

Re: Hydraulic brake AMF SST250 1977

Hello GUY,
no circlip fitted brake lever holds piston in place, you will have to use pin punch from brake pipe end if piston is seized, also you can try a co past parts ltd tel 01284 750729 / E:restore@pastparts.co.uk
Mike
membership # 007214

Thanks for the quick answer.
@ Tregarnon: I will give it a try this weekend
@MR P: I have a manual but for some reason they only show drum brakes in front. I know the Cagiva sst250 got a disk brake (1978). I suppose that by the end of 1977 the AMF sst250 also got the disk brake but HD seems to have never modified their manuals.

I know not in keeping with the originality of the bike but I got a replacement Brembo master cylinder from a 125 scooter via ebay for my SST instead of rebuilding my seized original, worked an absolute treat and even made the original caliper work well!

I cannot find a hydraulic brake in any of the manuals for an amf sst250. Each time the manuals speak of drum brakes.
First I will try to get the piston out of the master cylinder since I like to keep the bike as original as possible.
Thanks for the input!

Allright guys, I managed to get the piston out of the mastercylinder. Thanks again for all the advice!

Back