Ideas for changing/improving the Shovel front brake switch

Hi Ron,
What gave me the germinating thought to the whole idea of a cable-actuated and hidden front master cylinder was the rear mst. cyl. on my boss's R90S!...... in about 1976.........so I've been nursing the idea along for some little time now. ;)

From the YouTube tutorial, I realised that I wasn’t opening up the braided outer layer to allow the ferrule to seat properly. I’ll have another go tomorrow.
And Skip, while I wholeheartedly agree with you about the benefit of having one professional made, I just fancy having a try myself.
yeah, i've made all my own lines and sometimes it's been a pain to get enough thread available on the female-nut-outer, whatever you want to call it. to catch on the male thread.
as you imply have to make sure you've got the ferrule seated fully home between liner and braid.
and the liner/brade all seated as far in the outer as possible.

i've often had the male part; banjo, inline-adapter, swivel-joint, whatever. held in a vice (softjaws) so i can really push the hose/outer on and turn it with a spanner. once it catches, draw it on slowly and it'll be reet.
i've never had a problem; leaks, fails etc. and it isn't' difficult, apart from the situation above. (y)

Well it’s on. It works and the brakes are working as I push it around in the garage. I’ll run it tomorrow and give the brakes a proper test.

IMG_0871.jpeg

Back