Incredible ex club panhand for sale

Summers

Club Member
This was saved from a barn recently. It’s been A uk bike for over 50 years. Ex Belgian police bike. Runs great but unfortunately a friend now has to sell.
6A764630-F685-4327-A238-2EE5104A2DFD.jpeg

I’m happy to pass on number. A few of you know spike but I’ll pass on your number to him. It’s a dream bike but no dreamers please.

Is there a fixed price? Last I heard he had a number of offers, but I could be wrong.

24k and well worth it

Lovely old classic, which will hopefully go to someone who will ride it and not just see it as an investment. As for value, it's only worth what someone is prepared to pay and £24k is way out of the region of most people's spare cash for a piece of biking history. It never ceases to amaze me how these old classics continue to keep going up in value, at some point the bubble must burst as the older owners (with the technical skill to maintain) drop off. Same bike a decade ago would have fetched around £15k in a similar condition, so a grand a year profit in value is way better than any ISA - I'm envious of those that are fortunate to have the spare cash and admire those that choose to ride and not hide, bikes are to be ridden!

Well Rick theres plenty of bikes in the club around that sort of cost ,,,
the only difference is the old stuff are slower dont brake as well ,,,but do holds there price
Totally agree DJ, if I had the spare cash and room in my garage I'd fill it with a classic! No MoT required, no tax and cheap insurance and they don't seem to lose money - win win situation.

Rick it may surprise you but it’s not the old boys buying these.. A lot of this stuff isn’t tucked away. They’re just doing their own thing.. I know plenty of sub forty year olds riding and spannering knuckles, pans and shovels.
and its a credit to them ,,, alway great to meet you and your mates ,,,
there bike are used and are stunning

Better than an ISA! Yep, and better than a newer Harley , these old , pre evo bikes are a good investment. Ride em, enjoy em then years later sell em for £££££££ , you just ain’t gonna get that with a TC or M8, true there’s newer bikes about but there just loosing money every day in depreciation,

To give a little balance, I love the old bikes (of all makes) and agree with everything that ElGordo states above in his post. However, most of us don't buy bikes for investment purposes, we buy to ride and if you do serious miles, you can't beat modern machines for comfort, safety, reliability and speed.
Old bikes or modern, ride,em don't hide'em, get your enjoyment on two wheels - best way to keep both reliably going is riding them not endlessly polishing them!

Last edited:
I’m with ya Rick, I’ll never be able to afford a knuckle,pan or a good shovel but luv em , I am a realist , I once rode to Scotland did the nc500, back to Cotswolds then 4 days later rode to the Rhineland ,4 day trip then back home 5days later 3 days riding round wales! ….and yep the street Bob was new

Back