Indian Racer................well, sorta.

Skip

When 427 cubic inches of unadulterated horsepower jumps to life with no muffler, or 'silencer' as it is named in some parts, being attached, it will get your attention, generally speaking. As when the air in yer lungs begins to throb and yer ears being to ache, but, lookie there!, a goofus delecti grin on yer face.
Why, I wondered, would an A/C Cobra, a '57 Belair (with blower) and a plug-ugly rod (also with blower) be lighting off in a Burger King parking lot?
T'was then I recalled an ad about the custom car show down on 7th Ave. here in Ybor, for this past weekend. One Member has told me he's ankeled along 7th. But that was after our spiteful Chamber-of-Commerce tamed the place and made it not dangerous at all, and therefore, to my mind, not interesting at all. But I digress.
What can it be, save divine inspiration, that kinked me to recharge the camera battery the night before. Nikon batteries seem to take a gawdawful long time to recharge and I would have missed shooting what follows*.

Now, the bloke who built/ownes this lil'creation said there's a racing class for these things and that the complete chassis have to be made from such-and-such a percentage (very high) of original/re-man Indian parts. The motors are purpose-built from.... uh...... other sources, with strict limits on displacement, fuel, etc..

The cars, A/C Cobras (an English design don't cha' know), Mustangs, SS Malibu's, 442's, CanAms and the rest I'm building a gallery folio for so's I don't use up all my attachment allotment.
(update 7/11/18 gallery started, but I filled up quick and couldn't get'em all in at one swipe)

Without further ado then:
YborAutoShow (84).jpg

YborAutoShow (85).jpg
YborAutoShow (87).jpg
YborAutoShow (96).jpg
YborAutoShow (88).jpg

*generally speaking, when I shoot things with my camera, there are no fatalities.

edit: I guessed right then!

Last edited:
Back