Ironhead Sportster Cafe Racer

Re: Ironhead Sportster Cafe Racer

That does look quite nice......and it is the unique five speed version!

When the MoCo first brought out their Caf? Racer, it was the final tick in the box that I would eventually get a Harley, that just pressed all my buttons - but they stopped making them before I could ever get close to affording one. Now this, I think it's fantastic and it'll probably never lose much value for those who bother about such things - now if I only had another ?6,750 I'd have it - oh well :(

That looks good value compared to this at ?18k, but neither compare to the Norvin; although it's a tad more expensive from here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 56

Afternoon.

I was down a Sledhead Customs today and they had this Ironhead Cafe Racer for sale. I've seen it for sale before with them but now its greatly reduced.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HARLEY-D...825944?hash=item2aa6f6e998:g:fdwAAOSwx2has3IN

That's a beauty all right.

Must be sumthin wrong wid me. The more cafe' H-D's I see, the more I lik'em. An old age thing maybe.
The Norley is my own pic from a local Quaker Steak Rally.
The 45 was crossed by an aimless web prowl. Really cute that.
The freaking Shovel was dug up after in a beer Tent thread where a Member was thinking about doing up a Guzzi Cafe' job and, after I blithely suggested doing a Shovel that way, Kev put up link to........ yus. (Thanks and a tip-o-the-hat there Kev)) Now, up to that point I never once in this life had considered, vis-a-vis, 'Shovel as Cafe'. But, oh my! Lust in overdrive. Them Swiss boys, they've got a line on something there. A stunner. The 'Desmo' style tank with intergral oil bag, Yowzer.

I know that I have shown you this one before but this seems like a good time to do so again and anyway, recent members may not have seen it. Never found out who it belonged to, it goes back before me - could be an AMR members bike..?
scan0005.jpg

The shovel looks more like a show bike than a usable caf? racer, nice though it is. Mine is far from perfect, but its getting a few upgrades at the moment..

J4xL0gB.jpg

wHmpRaQ.jpg

w3dxfjF.jpg

funny really when HARLEY themselves produced one of the best harley cafe racers of all time the BUELL ,,and then shut in down ,

john

funny really when HARLEY themselves produced one of the best harley cafe racers of all time the BUELL ,,and then shut in down ,

john

I always thought they should have dropped the Buell name when they took over and badged them as Harleys. And that's from someone who has had a Buell for 18 years now!

"Quick!..he's left the keys in it..!!"

You wouldn't get far at the moment, as the tank is off being painted... in fact should be ready soon as I was given a 6 to 8 week turn around... 6 weeks ago.

Back