It looks the part, it's cheap, buy is it any better than a standard Street 750 ?

T

Tezza

I'm going to say no. Why? because H-D came up with a concept bike ( Street 750 ) still recognizable as coming from the H-D Design house, but subtly less H-D than most. This subtle difference got a lot of bottoms on Street 750 seats and worldwide, lots of sales to people who would normally have gone for a Japanese Cruiser.
So, in the way of most things, H-D have created a solution to a problem that existed only in their minds.
Potential buyers will look at the Street Rod 750 and expect blistering performance but, with only a claimed 68ish BHP it's going to disappoint, all show no go!
I love my Street 750 for what it isn't - it's not a bike that promises the earth, then cannot deliver. It makes a true 56 BHP and maximum torque at a low 4k revs, it cruises easily at 85 mph. For all the Street Rod 750 bling I don't believe it will be a better bike than the original. Someone at H-D forgot K.I.S.S. keep it simple stupid.

Tezza

Re: It looks the part, it's cheap, buy is it any better than a standard Street 750 ?

I'm with Terry I have a Street 750 and love it...it does exactly what it was designed to do in a very exciting way.....total hooligan bike...great fun :) :) :)

Back