Just bought my third buell

I

ian

Just bought my third buell,X1 white lightning.There must be some thing about them because I keep buying them,SPEED & WHEELIES:D.My mate bought this one new in 2002 the last of the proper Buells it has been stood in his garage all this time not even had its firsts service.The bike had done just 1145 miles since march 2002. I removed all the crap off it and fitted carbon race pipe,force winder air filter replaced ecu with buell race unit.Made under tray to tidy the arse end up,led indicators etc etc,now Sue thinks I have an other woman:D.They are not every ones cup of tea,you either love them or hate them.I expect to have to rebuild the gear box at 10000 miles(last one did not last that long but riding around on the back wheel did not help) can do it in my sleep now.Engine about 15000 miles but that is the love of owning a Buell:169B9ADF431545348BC.If your Buell lasts more 20000 miles you might as well buy your self a Sportster.Will post picture tomorrow.

Re: Just bought my third buell

Sounds nice Ian,

just out of interest, why don't you like the newer Buells (and I don't mean the '08 models)?

The first buell i ever see was the S1 white lightning ,to me it was gorgeous and the bike had such a cult following,but at the time I could not afford one.They also had a terrible reputation for reliability.I went the way of traditional Harley.I found some selling a Buell x1 lightning a bit tatty and bought it ,fell in love straight a way and since then have had three of them. The newer buells to me are a bit like the VRod is to Harley and just dont do it for me.Mind you would not mind a go on the lastest 1454 bhp Buell though.

I have a Daytona 1200 producing 147bhp and Barbara has an XBR9r. That sort of power in that frame should be a handfull for anyone.

I was going to get a buell but got a triple instead.

I had the lightning city x but now have the xbs1200 lightning & I love it to bits :439:

i've got an xb12ss and though its not the best touring bike( shipley wrecking crew party, very numb bum) its the best handling bike i've every owed and its the 2006 model.:9399D3F58B324EE1B68

i've got an xb12ss and though its not the best touring bike( shipley wrecking crew party, very numb bum) its the best handling bike i've every owed and its the 2006 model.:9399D3F58B324EE1B68

I have a 2006 XB12 Ss to and can confirm it handles better the my previous bike which was a Fireblade!!! I was more than surprised!
Is it true that the Buells aren't reliable or have a limited mileage lifespan?

I have a 2006 XB12 Ss to and can confirm it handles better the my previous bike which was a Fireblade!!! I was more than surprised!

Bike Magazine voted the Firebolt best cornering bike of 2005, ahead of everything! :169B9ADF431545348BC

I am just swapping my 9 for a 12 - I am going to call it 'Buttercup' for obvious reasons....:60277EB7B04744289C0

Mick and Carol up here in the North East have just ditched their Harleys for matching Buells. (i think i have that correct). The whole world is going Buell crazy!!! Too scary for me!

''last of the real Buells'' in 2002. How so? Was that the final year for the kicker, Ian? :D

Maybe that should be ''2007''. I can't see how these Rotax-engined ones will catch on among Harley owners who love Buells as their second (or first) ride.

Nice to see you back here :wink:

Mick and Carol up here in the North East have just ditched their Harleys for matching Buells. (i think i have that correct).

Nice to see you back here :wink:

Dave Ian's post was 28-08-2007, 09:02 PM :439:

I know Mick has got a Ulysses but could Carol get her leg over that and get her feet on the ground? :wink:

Her bike is fairly new as was Mick's!

Ian is not back posting that is why I said his post was last year.....and his last one was Sept 2007

It was just bought back today by being added to. :wink:

But I hear good news he is doing ok and still looks in here.

Last edited:

Oh I get you Baz,
bit slow on the uptake me,
must be due to my visit to Threshers earlier :wink:
:D

Back