Kuryakyn Hypercharger's

C

Clive_Frog

Any one got one of these fitted, or know someone that has ?
If so how does it rate over normal K&N or SE stuff for the extra wonga you have to pay ?

Don't hold your breath

Don't hold your breath

The word is that Hyperchargers are more about SHOW than GO, i.e. they certainly won't do any harm, but consider them as a cosmetic enhancement first and foremost.

Ming the Merciless said:
The word is that Hyperchargers are more about SHOW than GO, i.e. they certainly won't do any harm, but consider them as a cosmetic enhancement first and foremost.
Amen, show not go.

Ming's got it about right, I would just add that they are as good as but not better than any other high flow air filter such as Screaming Eagle. Most of them use a K&N filters unit anyway.

Ming's got it about right, I would just add that they are as good as but not better than any other high flow air filter such as Screaming Eagle. Most of them use a K&N filter unit anyway.

hypercharger

hypercharger

I have one on my RK dont find any performance gains but it sure looks good. Kuryakyn say you gain around 7horses,i doubt it though.

changing tack slightly, I really like the S&S teardrop air cleaner. Can you fit one on a stock 1999 TC88 or do you need to change the carb as well? I should point out that I am a total and utter techno biff, so anything that requires more than the minimum of tinkering will scare me.

Gus said:
changing tack slightly, I really like the S&S teardrop air cleaner. Can you fit one on a stock 1999 TC88 or do you need to change the carb as well? I should point out that I am a total and utter techno biff, so anything that requires more than the minimum of tinkering will scare me.

they sell a s&s aircleaner that bolts straight onto a CV carb

with a drill and a file you can make any s&s aircleaner fit a cv but its easier to buy the part designed for the CV carb

I have one on the glide. What i didnt know is it controls the enricher, which is kinda handy. Looks ok I'd say. Dont know effect on peformance, not used it with it off.

No way pedro!

No way pedro!

M8 of mine who has his own HD gaffe said pretty much the same thing when I asked whether it was worth putting one on my Dyna. He said that the Stage One Air Cleaner (minus the placcy baccy) was just as good as the Kury. Saved myself a shedload of cash!!

S&S Teardrop

S&S Teardrop

Anyone know if the S&S cover will fit over the SE (K&N) Stage 1 Filter?
I'm ordering a new cover for mine, but if an S&S teardrop would fit, it could be nice....

Back