Late 1980's shots

Re: Late 1980's shots

I'll throw in these two for free - Mick Gillah used to have camping weekends at the family orchard (this one from 1980), that is Mick in the hat with late wife Laura talking to Paul "Reverend Chrome" Mitchell being watched by Kneeless Pete Allso and Jeff Scriven. Second is past chairman Trev Lawrence's tasteful dresser Electra with Mad Malverners Rod Webber and Steve Salters bikes behind.
Rev Blwn Orc 1980.jpgBlawan Orc 1980.jpg

I should add - at this Blawan Orchard event Mick invited some "rufftie-tufftie" Brit bike fans (seen behind Kneeless) and a wannabe little "bike gang" called The Sidcup Rowdies who mostly rode ratty black small Hondas with apes (apart from the Prez who came in his Reliant Robin). One of the Rowdies kept on bad-mouthing Brit bikes to their owners until they jumped him and hanged him on tip-toes from a tree for most of the night. He quietened down after that.

Great pics Paul, and thanks to yourself and those who've kindly supplied them. Nice to see the era before I joined.

I read a lot about my (almost) namesake Jeff Scriven.... what became of him?

He moved to France (not far from where Rowdy went) and went a bit yank tank and boats - currently driving a 1970 Corvette and restoring a cigarette hull(?) power boat. Still crazy and barely changed, two kids and long suffering wife.

This is a tale of triumph and tradgedy, this was Mick Bowdens much admired SuperGlide at Port Eliot in April 1981 (before the now traditional august date), on the way home our "pack" were leapfrogging traffic on (I think) the A35 when an old lady in a Morris Minor realised that was her turn so she stopped dead. As everyone emergency braked Mick was completing a return into traffic and ended up stuck to the back of a Cortina with him and Wendy sitting on the fuel tank. (thats Kneeless Pete thinking "that could have been me"). Last shot is how Mick rebuilt her by Shipley 1982.

PE 1981 Mick.jpgscan0005.jpgMick Ship 82.jpg

By the way, also from Port Eliot 1981 - this shot of Malcolm the Foresters Camberley crewman with his son - scary to realise that kid is now over 36 years old!
scan0006.jpg

You had me check once before Martin, couldn't see you or your bike in any - I can scan the rest just for you to have some memories thou' - I'll e-mail you.

Here is a batch from Port Eliot 1988. First Rowdy and then girlfriend Kathy (now wife) waiting for me and on route, a view of the field and ex-chairman Paul Martyn and ex-West Country rep Mike Quarry with Paul's Checker cab.scan0001.jpgscan0021.jpgscan0002.jpgscan0003.jpg

...and some more, same event. First Jez Shirley's Forty-five chop, quite old school and very active in its day, a couple of chops can't remember names and a pretty Indian Scout, need Scriv to say which version as I am not very Indian aware.

scan0017.jpgscan0015.jpgscan0004.jpgscan0016.jpg

Back