Leaky Rod

T

Timbo

My mate has a 2002 V-rod and recently had a new Water Pump housing fitted. Now after a long run he gets water pouring out of the overflow pipe. The temp seems fine all the time and it hasn't overheated at all. Fluid levels look OK too. Any ideas, as he can't take it back to the dealer(Long story)

Re: Leaky Rod

Is that 'new water pump housing' or 'hosing'?
Sorry. Either way it's not something I've come across.:(

Rod Bod

If it is not overheating & if the fluids are fine, I would think that it was overfilled or needs burping (or bleeding).
Under the airbox you will find a brass screw in the top coolant pipe. With the bike upright & cold make sure there is no air in the system by removing the plug.
Use the owners manual for the procedure to check the coolant level correctly, if it is at all overfull it will blow out of the overflow.

We've cured it. Went to Riders in Bristol who sugested a new rad cap. But while we were changing the Oil and cleaning the bike we noticed that the hoses on the header bottle were on the wrong way round. Many thanks to the Midlands stealer who f*cked it up. Swapped the hoses round and all is well.

Did Duncan at Riders sort it ? He's a good chap and just sorted a coolant problem on my rod

Yes Duncan at Riders is a first rate guy. He has been incredibly helpful to me with my various sporty probs.

Back