Littlehampton Golf club, captain ride-in 8th October

jimmy2spanners

Membership Secretary.
Hi All
Changes to the timing

A guy called Adie contacted me earlier in year and met some of us at the Longshore back in May. He is taking over as captain of Littlehampton Golf club and within the world of a golf clubs’ etiquette the new captain ‘makes and entrance’ upon arrival. He asked if we would like to come along with at least ten Harleys , with him possibly as a pillion ,for a ride in ceremony.

Sunday 8th October Bikes meet at West Beach Café , Rope Walk, Littlehampton BN17 5DL for 3pm. He will meet us there from 3.30pm and guide us down a private access to the golf course. 4pm the procession across the course to the clubhouse for Ride-in ceremony.

I’ll be going from Pevensey , so anyone who would like to be part of the ride-in meet at BP Patcham services A27/A23 for 1.20pm leaving shortly after to make our way via A27 to crossbush BP services. Anyone from Worthing area let us know a suitable pick up point or see you at Cossbush. leave there 2.30pm to allow for traffic and head on over to the café for 3pm.

From Adie , try to enter the café car park discreetly and singularly as the ride in 'entrance with Adie is a complete surprise to the golf club members part of the hand over ceremony. Do not go straight to the golf club , we all gather in the Cafe first. For the actual ride in ceremony there's an option off a helmetless ride in so if possible wear bandanas and sunglasses. finally please stay for a beer !

Last edited:
I will be at the Crossbush BP Services at approx 2pm to meet up with the guys riding over from Worthing and points east. As Jim has advised, we will depart from Crossbush at 2:30pm to head down to Littlehampton. See y’all there

IMG_4249.jpg

Message i received from Adie .

Jim, just to say a huge heartfelt thank you to you and all the guys for Sunday.
For your time and efforts in making my day so memorable. And you absolutely saved the day in getting through that gate! Thank you!!
Everyone loved it...
Had an amazing day.
Will send photos when I get them.
Best wishes
Adie

Back