London Bike Museum

Old_Bob

Last Saturday, in the rain, Gypsy, Jules and I did a recce run up to the London Bike Museum: see London Motorcycle Museum

We met up at Clacketts Lane services on the M25 and did the easy way to Greenford via the M25/M4/A312 and B455 (called in Amys cafe for a brekkie) and then left into Oldfield Lane Sth - about 400 yds on the left was the museum (spotted by the Eagle eyed Jules). We did discuss the possibility of including a visit to the Ace Cafe but it was a bit wet & 'orrible so we buggered off home once we had seen the bikes and watched a video. There was also a building with old items of our youth, the items we all had kicking around the house when we were kids (or in my case when I was a big kid) Jules and I spent some time in there cos it was interesting. (only ?1 entry to this unit -- ?3 entry to see the bikes --- super value cos it included a coffee as well)

The guys from Region 17 have got a visit planned for the 21st of this month. I reckon it would make a good day out if we joined in with them, dunno how many of them will go but it could be an impressive turn out if we did it together. Another item to discuss on Wednesday at the Woolpack.

Re: London Bike Museum

I fancy doin this. Think there is a Bikesafe motorcycle show in North London on the same day ( free entry - see Bazas post regarding this ).
Could we squeeze in both?

Karl

Posted in region 17 about this so see what happens :D

Will give this a miss as I took Clayton to LBM not long ago.:smile:
Did 6 museums,London eye & eve show at 02 all in 3 days was knackered.

Will give this a miss as I took Clayton to LBM not long ago.:smile:
Did 6 museums,London eye & eve show at 02 all in 3 days was knackered.

But he would love this FREE day out::wink:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The National BikeSafe Motorcycle Show [/FONT]

metposter.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Download A Show Leaflet [/FONT]
BikeSafe3sm.jpg
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st June 2009[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Peel Centre, Aerodrome Road,
Hendon, London NW9 5JE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Click Here For A Location Map
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Have a look at the editorial and photos of last year's show (click here) [/FONT]

That looks like a great day out Baza.
See you there.

That looks like a great day out Baza.
See you there.

Soz wormy we are going to the West country party camping pub night.

But I did go last year and it was VERY good.

I have something else to do on Sunday now so won't be going, but I think the Kent guys are still going. Karl was the only Coaster showing interest on here.

Chat at the Crown tonight maybe.

hi janie ere from region 17.. dunno wot our lot doin cos im workin but remember its fathers day, which i kno dont affect everyone, but numbers may dwindle.:)

Spoke with Karl at the Crown, he is keen on going, Tim 'Twoskips maybe. Nobody else I spoke to wants to go as far as I know -- maybe it's as Janie has said, Fathers Day on the Sunday.

yep still wanna go, ideas for a meeting point? we're doing the father day runs on Sat as we're grandaughter sitting too:D

Well there's a bit of a plan.....meet at Boship 8.30 then off to A23 Bolney junction (garden centre) 09.00 - 09.15 then off to the Museum via the cafe Old Bob and gypsie found if they tell us where it was.
Jen & I need to be home by 5.00 ish so will fit in a visit to the Ace if time permitts.

Actual plan now - Leave Boship at 8:30, meet Tim at 9:00 at Bolney then onward and upward. Region 17 not going now:frown:.
Try the new cafe, museum, then stop at Ace, onto the Bikesafe show
At the mo it's: Si / Jen, me / Val, Tony / Jo and Tim.

Come on everybody else where are you?? ( especially those that moan that we don't do enough )...... Rant over now:smile:

Karl

Well there's a bit of a plan.....meet at Boship 8.30 then off to A23 Bolney junction (garden centre) 09.00 - 09.15 then off to the Museum via the cafe Old Bob and gypsie found if they tell us where it was.
Jen & I need to be home by 5.00 ish so will fit in a visit to the Ace if time permitts.

I've just put my protective hat on :character0095:

the cafe aint open on a Sunday :mob:

Back