Manchester and Chester HD Closed

When simonstones folded , I got the money back for the service plan , when I had the Alfa serviced by huttons , I went to get my card out to pay , I was told it was taken care of so I had 3 years free servicing .

There's clearly always been a divergence in the aftersales 'sales' market. HD themselves, in my limited experience, have always been about the newest bikes and their needs. As your bike got older, they got less and less interested to the point that your business couldn't be accomodated. I remember many years ago I stopped by a dealer to ask a carbing question. The technician had quite literally no idea what I was talking about (I did and solved the problem myself, later) and said "we plug them into the computer nowadays"(?).

That was an Evo, and Twin Cams were only about their 6th year of production.

On the other hand, OEM spares for older bikes have been difficult to source from dealerships for a long time. And as time progressed, those options contracted further. I've never bought an original HD part from a dealer, ever, and source them as NOS or secondhand, or dare I say it, from some nice Chinese chap of communist or nationalist persuasion as a repro.

And my oldest bikes have always come with a 'service, maintain and rebuild yourself' sticker attached, as it should be.

It was ever thus. I've always found it rather odd that Harley owners expect dealerships to stock an array of parts for discontinued models, whilst never expecting to walk into a Ford dealership and find an air filter for a Cortina.

It has to be said also that the MoCo have not exactly covered themselves in glory regarding parts supply for current models; some will remember the issues I had with sourcing a final drive belt for my 2005 Sportster when it failed in France, which wrecked my holiday and left me with a long-standing distrust of the company's integrity.

Some further info on the closure of Chester and Manchester HD. It appears that the dealerships went into administration.

IMG_3002.jpeg

I was very worried about this as I love my bike and would hate to trade it in so I called my dealer Maidstone harley and spoke to the manager who assured me they were solid and will be staying I also asked about the post which said Harley are cutting their spare parts stock in europe he said he will be talking to the head of Harley europe thursday and will ask about this so some good news fingers crossed.

Europe stock holding is mainly fast moving service items consumables and bolt on goodies with other ordered parts from the parts books shipped in from the states as requested to avoid costly stock holding hence the wait times and for older models over a certain age when you do parts searches they come up no longer available 🤷🏻‍♂️ and beware dealer speak as the confidentiality clauses in the franchises prohibit telling the truth likewise they will never admit to model problems 😂🤣

Further info for anyone that may be owed money, parts by either dealership or perhaps has a bike or other assets (parts etc) stuck in either dealership. The notice in the image is apparently on the door at Manchester HD.

IMG_6961.jpeg

Time to rip the doors off summers coming these buggers wont be in any hurry to return your kit give notice of intent just take logbook when gaining entry and touch nothing else then call then and tell them to secure site again police will be reluctant to intervene as long as proof of ownership is present
hopefully no one in the club has a bike inside as getting it back could take months dealing with the administrators

Most likely the best Harley Man in the North West ( Will Burrows ) will take up the slack and at least your servicing and repairs will be carried out by the best

Looks like the vultures have already picked it over bit too clean 🤔 ope everybody got what was theirs 👍😎

Most likely the best Harley Man in the North West ( Will Burrows ) will take up the slack and at least your servicing and repairs will be carried out by the best
Spot on Army, top man is Will, wouldn't go anywhere else.

Quite a few good independents in the area

JWA just outside of Ellesmere Port

Creaser Customs in Oswestry

Spot on Army, top man is Will, wouldn't go anywhere else.
Your right buddy and he has a great guy working with him "Bob". I always nip next door to see the Legend Nigel Bamber he has to be the best Triumph man he is the font of all Triumph knowledge

Back