Exhausts Modifying Exhaust

F

Foby

I thought about having a go at modifying a standard XB exhaust to get a better sound without the need for splashing out on aftermarket exhausts. I have looked on youtube where there are demonstrations of how to do it and they all seem to make the actuating valve redundant which could be an issue with the ECU. Can this valve still be kept and remove the inner exhaust components to give a nice Vee twin sound without upsetting fuelling, etc?
Anyone done this?:wink::D

Re: Modifying Exhaust

I had an after-market muffler fitted - sounds great! There aren't many of us on HDH with Buells, but there is a UK Buell forum which may be better able to answer your question. :wink:

Hi Foby , i know you post on UKBEG too , if you look on the ecm spy threads it is possible to disable the exhaust valve via the ecm.
i think it was only to quieten the exhaust down for noise tests, but Pash would be the guy to ask
if unsure give Pash a pm

HTH :D

Hi Nutah:D - yes I do post on ukbeg but those guys tend to "follow the leader" with ideas if you get my drift - I have no issue with that:wink:
I know I can disable the valve (and thanks for that advice mate:D) but wondered if I could still keep it connected so that the exhaust is more user friendly around town but when opened up sounds more like a Harley Vee twin should do:D
Just wondered which parts of inner exhaust to take out:eek:
Shame their is so few Buell owners left on this site aint it good buddies:frown:

i can think of 3 in my region that are members:D
did you pm Pash , he is a real sound guy
and does enjoy solving problems

Nutah - I Got in touch with Pash but he has never had one apart so I guess its bite the bullet and have a go:9399D3F58B324EE1B68:D

Get in touch with Tubbs, at Moorespeed Racing, he's done quite a few and is a bit of a wizard at tuning and fetling Buells . ( A top ex DG20 Tech. )

MOORE SPEED RACING

Back