Moving to the 21st Century

chopper

Club Member
well its been a while since i have had a reasonably new Harley but after selling the 91 FXRS yesterday I have JUST orderered myself a 2020 Sport Glide....

1693384101210.png

Registered Aug 2020 so just 3 years old, 9k miles and pretty much as it came apart from some Cobra's fitted...

Hopefully be delivered in a week or so!

Very nice, was this the bike I saw at Plymouth H-D recently?
i bought it from the Superbike Factory, south west way but not Plymouth HD, service history is from Stratstone HD, funky HOG numberplate which will be being removed asap!

Ill be in need of a QR rack and sissybar to strap stuff to, so any suggestions/recomendations please let me know.
Also whats the stock seat like if i pull the pillion pad, dont do passengers...

Motea QR rack set ups are the same as HD but way cheaper. I had stock HD when I had mine but I wouldn't go to the expense again. I found the stock seat all day comfy but dunno if I'd fancy it without the extra support the front of the pillion seat gives. Check out Revelator Alf on YouTube for loads of little 'fixes', the most important one being shielding the letter box sized gap between the steel and plastic rear mudguards, which seems specifically designed to jet wash road crap onto your electrics & rear shock. Good luck with it. :cool:

Such a versatile machine, in popular demand yet Harley dropped it from their line-up. Bizarre.

i bought it from the Superbike Factory, south west way but not Plymouth HD, service history is from Stratstone HD, funky HOG numberplate which will be being removed asap!
How do Chopper, i know a guy who will be looking for a HOG plate so give me a shout if it's for sale and transferable

Such a versatile machine, in popular demand yet Harley dropped it from their line-up. Bizarre.
from what i was told at the dealership a couple of weeks back that is US only, not being dropped from the UK, but i found that hard to believe!

Reactions: ss2
Ill be in need of a QR rack and sissybar to strap stuff to, so any suggestions/recomendations please let me know.
I found the stock seat uncomfortable after 45-60 mins and my other half hated the rear seat (I know you don't do passengers), front wheel throws a lot of road crap up the front so I put a "fenda extenda" on mine. There's quite a few about I've seen dozens at rallies this year. Quick release bags/screen transforms the bike in a couple of minutes if just bimbling around town. Enjoy.

I’ve got the quick release sissy bar & rack from Motea

Really good value especially if you wait for the 35% off code.

The only draw back is the customs import charge you have to pay

thanks, thats exactly what i want, ill be waiting for the code and ordering,
one question.... do i need to buy a docking kit or does the bike have what it needs already?

Last edited:
one question.... do i need to buy a docking kit or does the bike have what it needs already?
You'll need a docking kit (which is sometimes/usually sold with the rack on motea). Be careful what you order as some of them look like they come with a docking kit that doesn't allow for fitment of the bags.

I just got an email saying there is 35% off today

Nice bike. I love having a M8 and a Shovel.

107 has all the ''get up and go'' you need, especially if you decide to wake it up.

Make sure you upgrade lifters if you do a cam swap. Stock ones are designed to fail even with a non-stock H-D cam.

Stock screen and stock seat will almost certainly promote discomfort.

THIS is the screen solution. I love mine.

https://freedomshields.net/product/sport-glide-windshields/
For the time being, this winter at least, ill be leaving it alone i think, i havent ridden a sport glide or a 107 as they didnt have one at the dealership i went to a couple of weeks ago, but had a go on a stock 114 fat bob and the motor was more than enough so im sure the 107 will be the same.
The screen and seat etc im sure will be replaced but need to do some miles first to see how bad both are, coming from the FXR as my modern go to bike im hoping to be surprised!

Im selling my 73 Shovel as well so if that goes soon ill be left with the 53 and the sport glide, which will do me for a few years i hope

it arrived late fridaty night, managed a few hours on it saturday and im very happy with my purchase...for a 9k mile bike its in mint condition...

Impressions so far, its got heated crips which i didnt know about which is a plus, and i like the curise control, will see how often its used!
The seat is ok but not the best, on the list of changes.
Stock size screen is ok, at 80mph it takes all the wind of my chest which fine for me, for now
handling with the cobra chromes is spot on, although i am dragging the foot pegs in corners and roundabouts, can they be lifted a bit?
Stock power is ample, its smooth and fast when it needs to be.
I think an exhuast will be one of the first things i need to do, its very quiet, looking at the Rhinehart slip on any one have experience?
E1BDEB6B-BD86-475D-960A-E0985BB85D70.JPG
for a blind purchase on a model id never ridden, im happy with my choice :D

Last edited:
Back